The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 05-21-2015, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
LOL, you're right. The difference is that Babcock will insist his players play to their abilities. If you don't give your best effort (i.e. Kessel//Phaneuf) you'll sit or be traded. A rebuild can be exciting and Toronto has their first piece in play now.
All kidding aside, I wish the Leafs and their fans well. The more strong Canadian teams, the better, IMNSHO. I just hope they have a good GM to provide Babcock with the material he needs to build a solid team. Experience here has really brought home to me how important that is.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:19 AM

Exclamation Detroit is devastated

Wings fans never thought he'd get a better financial deal. I think he just wanted to end his career back home with his countrymen, But d&%$....hope the Wings give a newby a chance and stop the coaching recycle wagon! And please....no former Sharks coaches!!!!!!
Old 05-23-2015, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Orca View Post
All kidding aside, I wish the Leafs and their fans well. The more strong Canadian teams, the better, IMNSHO. I just hope they have a good GM to provide Babcock with the material he needs to build a solid team. Experience here has really brought home to me how important that is.
Usually you get a GM before a coach but given that Babcock was only on the market for a few days, this makes sense. Regardless, you don't want to hit July 1st Free Agency prior to having a GM established.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpd View Post
Wings fans never thought he'd get a better financial deal. I think he just wanted to end his career back home with his countrymen, But d&%$....hope the Wings give a newby a chance and stop the coaching recycle wagon! And please....no former Sharks coaches!!!!!!
Lots of money and a long term guaranteed contract. Hard to beat that.
Old 05-24-2015, 08:18 AM

Wow, Chicago pulled one out in Double-OT after giving up 3 goals in 37 seconds in the 3rd period.

A Chicago-New York Stanley Cup would make for some great tv ratings. I'd rather see Tampa Bay make it though.
Old 05-24-2015, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Wow, Chicago pulled one out in Double-OT after giving up 3 goals in 37 seconds in the 3rd period.
I thought those were pretty close together, but didn't realize how close - we were out at a local venue waiting for an out-of-town friend's band to go on, and the TV was behind me so I couldn't sneak more than the occasional glance. Nobody was actively watching but there was some general surprise when someone looked up and the Ducks had scored three.

Wow - a quick google say that's the second-fastest three goals in NHL history. Chicago must have been pole-axed.
Old 05-27-2015, 11:27 AM

Thumbs up whew..........

GO RANGERS Game 7...again The Garden will be shakin'..........
Old 05-27-2015, 11:46 AM

Quote:
GO RANGERS Game 7...again The Garden will be shakin'..........
Yeah, I'm glad it's Friday and not Thursday, because I usually go to a local Irish session on Thursdays, and I'd hate to miss the game. It might just be the best of the playoffs so far, the Ducks' first couple with the Jest notwithstanding.
Old 05-27-2015, 11:57 AM

[QUOTE=

Lots of money and a long term guaranteed contract. Hard to beat that.[/QUOTE]

Babcock didn't take the job for the money - the Leafs promised him April and May off every year ...
Kronbauer - TDK Mini Jumbo"Rosewood"
Kronbauer - Willy D "Ghost Rider"
Old 05-27-2015, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy D View Post
Babcock didn't take the job for the money - the Leafs promised him April and May off every year ...
Oh, you evil, evil man. That's FUNNY!
Old 05-27-2015, 08:48 PM

Well, I had bet a bottle of wine the Hawks would make it at least a 6-game series. Just ended: Hawks 5, Ducks 2 in regulation play. Game 7 in Anaheim on Sat. Anything can happen.

http://www.sandyandina.com

-------------------------
Gramann Rapahannock, 7 Taylors, 4 Martins, 2 Gibsons, 2 V-A, Larrivee Parlour, Gretsch Way Out West, Fender P-J Bass & Mustang, Danelectro U2, Peavey fretless bass, 8 dulcimers, 2 autoharps, 2 banjos, 2 mandolins, 3 ukes

I cried because I had no shoes.....but then I realized I won’t get blisters.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:52 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Wow, two conference finals going to game 7. I've watched almost every playoff game this season. Mostly excellent caliber of play. I really want to see an original six final. I had wanted the Rangers to win the cup because they've been the longest without having won it among those remaining, but I'm smitten again with the Blackhawks and I'm ok with their dynasty. Go Chicago!
Old 05-28-2015, 05:18 PM

What I’m wondering is how “Chelsea Dagger” became the Blackhawks’ victory song. The “da-da-da” vamp reminds me so much of “One” from “A Chorus Line” that I keep envisioning the Hawks doing a kick line on skates.

Gramann Rapahannock, 7 Taylors, 4 Martins, 2 Gibsons, 2 V-A, Larrivee Parlour, Gretsch Way Out West, Fender P-J Bass & Mustang, Danelectro U2, Peavey fretless bass, 8 dulcimers, 2 autoharps, 2 banjos, 2 mandolins, 3 ukes

Old 05-28-2015, 06:38 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Sandy View Post
Well, I had bet a bottle of wine the Hawks would make it at least a 6-game series. Just ended: Hawks 5, Ducks 2 in regulation play. Game 7 in Anaheim on Sat. Anything can happen.
Originally Posted by Chicago Sandy
If I were out there, or you here....Sonoma Pinot Noir (Russian R.). Mind you, I didn’t say the Hawks would win, only go at least 6 games. (5 is already a given).

In that case....the 4 of us will have to share a few glasses when you come out. __________________

I won't be out your way for........ a long time. But when you two come out here...offer is still standing!But you must do some songs with my friends!
Old 05-28-2015, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Sandy
If I were out there, or you here....Sonoma Pinot Noir (Russian R.). Mind you, I didn’t say the Hawks would win, only go at least 6 games. (5 is already a given).

In that case....the 4 of us will have to share a few glasses when you come out. __________________

I won't be out your way for........ a long time. But when you two come out here...offer is still standing!But you must do some songs with my friends!
And I’ll bring the Williams-Selyem. (There’s a faint chance I might make it out to Oakland for the FAR-West music conference in mid-Oct.)

Old 05-29-2015, 08:59 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Sandy View Post
And I’ll bring the Williams-Selyem. (There’s a faint chance I might make it out to Oakland for the FAR-West music conference in mid-Oct.)

That would be the perfect time.......my wife will be on vacation>and of course, I am always on vacation

Go Rangers

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic