The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 04-08-2017, 04:12 PM

Default Proper Etiquette?

Hello... I am new to the Accoustic Guitar Forum in need of guidance from some long time members. I wish to sell two custom handmade guitars made by Ken Blount, of Sebring Florida. One is a full body 12 string, the other a cut-a-way 6 string. The guitars were recently appraised at $5000.00 each and are in excellent condition.

Is there a particular thread, that I should use to advertise these guitars? I have multiple high quality photographs plus specifications. Should I create a web site, and use a link, or is there adequate resolution to use this site?

I would appreciate your thoughts and guidance.
Old 04-08-2017, 04:29 PM

Hi, BlountFan, welcome to the AGF! Glad to have you among us, even if you weren't offering such exciting guitars.

In order to use our Classifieds, which is where you would post your guitars, you first need to become a Charter Member. http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/payments.php That's one of the ways that this forum pays its expenses. You'll see that it's $25 for a year, or if you prefer, as little as $5 for a month. In our FAQ you'll see our forum rules, and some of the other benefits of becoming a Charter Member. We have an area reserved for guitars, and another for other instruments and gear. You'll also see how to post pictures and Youtube videos.

You're among friends here, so jump right in!

cotten
Old 04-08-2017, 04:44 PM

Default Cotten

Thank you for the warm welcome. I signed up today for Charter Membership and trying to navigate the site (soooo many threads!)
Old 04-08-2017, 04:45 PM
Charter Member

Welcome, Blountfan. Cotten gave you some great advice. Let us know if you have any questions.
Old 04-08-2017, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlountFan View Post
Thank you for the warm welcome. I signed up today for Charter Membership and trying to navigate the site (soooo many threads!)
Yup! We've grown into a pretty big, busy community, but don't let that fool ya. We're just friendly folks, guitar buddies that enjoy gabbin', braggin', complainin', buyin'/sellin'/tradin', joking around - it's like a big jam session where those that have special things they like to talk about pull off to the side for a while. I suspect you'll enjoy hanging out here. They put up with me, so you're fine!

I look forward to seeing those guitars.

cotten
Old 04-09-2017, 01:43 PM

Default Guidance

Hey Cotton,
Thank you for the warm welcome. I signed up as a Charter Member. Now I could use a little guidance as to where to post photographs, etc on the guitars.
(There are sooooo many threads, kind of lost).
Old 04-09-2017, 02:39 PM

Hi Blountfan , if you need advice on how to post pics, then you will first of all have to upload them to a hosting site such as Photobucket or ImageShack ... you can't upload the pics directly from your computer.

If you have already done that, then all you need to do is open a new thread in Classifieds, and post the URL'S of all the pics, and they will magically appear !
Old 04-09-2017, 06:00 PM

If you need to sign up for photo hosting I can recommend Imgur. Lots of complaints about Photobucket and some of the similar sites. Imgur is so easy and unobtrusive it's almost beyond belief.
Old 04-10-2017, 07:39 AM

Smile Thanks to all!!

I really appreciate the advice and assistance. I will try to post them this week.

I acquired the guitars over ten years ago at a fund raiser through a church auction. I rarely played them. The 6 string was loaned out twice to a musician for studio work in Nashville. He claims it is the best sounding guitar he has worked with.

In all honesty, I cannot tell due to hearing loss. I can only hear up to 10Khz (AM radio), so I cannot hear the harmonics and resonance. I am missing out on 10Khz to 16Khz (plus loss even below 10Khz). Being old is the pits when it comes to music.

Brings me to another question....
Should I produce a recording of the guitars (played by someone who knows how to play)? In the age of digital recordings, they could be downloaded and played through a decent sound system.

Thank you again for your assistance and guidance. You have made a newbie feel very welcome.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Tags
blount, custom acoustic