The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 06-18-2013, 09:34 PM

Talking FS/FT: EIGHT Taylors - 1 Eastman - 1 Kronbauer - & 1 Takamine

This is a long post, but I figure it’s better than many posts!

I have a massive amount of guitars I am looking to sell; most of them are Taylors. Most of them have hard cases, they are all free of smells, and they have been properly stored since I have owned them.

Will I take your trade? It is possible I will consider your trade, but unless it’s a Goodall, Santa Cruz, Bourgeois, R Taylor, Brazilian, or high end Taylor/Martin I am going to need some bend on your end.

Here’s the list- scroll down to find the one you are interested in, or gander at all of them! Prices are paypalled and shipped in the CONUS.

1) 2012 Taylor GAce LTD Quilted Sapele - SOLD

4) 2010 Taylor T3/B Sunburst - SOLD

5) 2009 Taylor GSce LTD maple - SOLD

6) 2007 Taylor GS8 - SOLD

7) 2007 Taylor 214e (not laminate)- SOLD

8) 2007 Eastman 810ce archtop, blondie - SOLD

9) 2003 Taylor 314 LTD L2, maple, w/lr baggs anthem - SOLD

10) 1998 Taylor 414ce w/Fishman - Taken off the market

11) 1970’s Takamine f-400 12-string (martin lawsuit era) - SOLD

12) I have a few other lower cost guitars: a Norman, a Simon and Patrick, and 2 Art & Lutheries.. ask if you are interested! SOLD

Talk to you soon!

More pictures can be found here: http://s297.photobucket.com/user/ale...?sort=3&page=1

I also have posted links to other websites for information on the detailed construction of each piece, but I have no affiliation with them.

1) 2012 Taylor GAce LTD Quilted Sapele – a rare find that sounds very even and lush. The look of the wood is gorgeous. There is some light yellowing on the top and some finish crazing on the headstock cover. Overall this guitar is outstanding. Details can be found here: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GAceFLTD12

3) 2011 Taylor LTD T3/B with Macassar top Alnico pickups – MINT. this is a highly limited run of 50, and probably the most beautiful t3 that Taylor has ever made. The sounds that come off of this guitar are incredible and diverse! I haven’t had any intonation issues with the Bigsby. This is a super rare, killer piece of gear. I want to keep it… can I keep it? Wife? .. hmm.. guess I have to sell it. Love this piece,. Even the side fret markers are shiny… please come take it away from me so I can stop lusting. Detials can be found here: http://www.laguitarsales.com/pages/4...B-LTD_3498.htm

Last edited by Alec the Viking; 01-09-2015 at 06:22 PM.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:35 PM

5) 2009 Taylor GSce LTD maple - this is not a bright guitar, this is an articulate guitar that gives maple a fantastic name. Adirondack CV bracing and koa binding. These limited runs are top notch, and the figuring on the back/sides is scary handsome. This guitar will devour anything you through at it, fingerpicking, strumming, harmonics, light, or heavy.. it loves it all. There are a few small bumps around the binding from some (what I assume) are mic collisions; they’re small but present. Details can be found here: http://www.elderly.com/new_instrumen...s/GSCELTDM.htm

6) 2007 GS8 – 9.6/10 condition. This is a Taylor standard. This is a Rosewood/Sitka that brings a mature and full voice to any style of playing. The GS body is comfy enough to play for a long time, but it brings volume and resonance that makes this guitar a must have for many guitarists. There are not electronics on this, so you are in the clear of any ES problems. Details can be found at: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guita...coustic-guitar

7) 2007 Taylor 214e (not laminate)- this is the 214 when it was essentially the 314, an ALL SOLID WOOD Taylor.. this is an immense value. This was owned by my friend who is a regular player; he recently upgraded and gave me this to sell. I realize that because of the new 214s being laminate it makes this one more rare, but also, harder to believe. This guitar sounds great and plays easy- by no means does it communicate cheap. There is a minor crack at the top of the top, hardly noticeable, and there is wear around the soundhole from a pick. This is a players guitar and it sounds like it as well. More details can be found here: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/revie...ml?no_takeover

Last edited by Alec the Viking; 06-24-2013 at 05:42 PM.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:37 PM

8) 2007 Eastman 810ce archtop, blondie – here’s an archtop that makes jazz easy. This is a high quality, sweet sounding, and really cool (rare) blond Eastman. Most of the ones you find are sunburst, finding a pure maple seems reserved for the 900 series.. but here she is, a bombshell! There is a bit of finishing crazing that has happened, and happens with the older Eastmans, but that’s part of their nature. Hand made. Comes with the original fiberglass case. More details can be found here: http://guitarsnjazz.com/products/eas...-series/ar810/

9) 2003 314 LTD L2, maple, w/lr baggs anthem – 9.7/10 condition. This is a gem of a find. Back before Taylor started switching the bracing all the models were the same, so an upgrade in tonewood was a pretty big deal. This guitar is part of a limited run of 314s that got upgraded to a 614, minus the frills. This is a value-packed guitar that goes the distance for the money. I have had a blast with this git, playing some old school fingerpicking it’s hard to find a better match. More details can be found here: http://www.elderly.com/vintage/items/20U-9886.htm

10) 1998 Taylor 414ce w/Fishman – This is my first real guitar. I am only looking to sell it to someone who is in a very special circumstance, feel free to tell me your tale if you are interested in it. Bone nut and TKL case. Neck is good, frets need dressing, it has lots of character marks- this is a player’s guitar because this was my main axe before being replaced a couple of years ago.

11) 1970’s (1973?) Takamine f-400 12-string (martin lawsuit era) – this is the same build as a d12-28, laminate woods, sounds awesome. For the money I doubt there is a better 12 string you could find. The sound has matured and is not difficult to play. The bridge is starting to lift and needs to be re-glued sometime in the nearer future, the neck action is pretty good. Comes with a hsc. The info I am pulling from is here: http://www.guitar-museum.com/guitar-...aught-Acoustic

12) I have a few other lower cost guitars: a Norman, a Simon and Patrick, and 2 Art & Lutheries.. ask if you are interested!

Last edited by Alec the Viking; 06-23-2013 at 09:17 PM.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:12 AM
Charter Member

Nice guitars and a great job on the video, very cool.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:06 PM

Default S&P or A&L

Hi Alec, A good friend is looking for a starter guitar with which to join our humble guitar choir at church. I will let her know about these. Best, Dianne
2016 Godin S & P Woodland Pro Folk
2017 Martin Retro 000-15M ‘Burst
2019 Taylor BE 517e WHB Mahogany
2019 Taylor LTD 512ce / Cedar-Koa
2022 Gibson Original L-00 Sunburst
2023 Larrivee OM-40R / Rosewood
Old 06-20-2013, 08:59 AM

Nibbles, one art & lutherie is sold.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knollhavenguita View Post
Hi Alec, A good friend is looking for a starter guitar with which to join our humble guitar choir at church. I will let her know about these. Best, Dianne
thanks d.j. let me know if I can answer any questions!
Old 06-21-2013, 08:06 PM

Default PM Sent

Hi Alec,

PM sent

Collings; Taylor; Don Grosh electric; Collings Electric; Taylor K4
Old 06-22-2013, 05:12 AM

Default Bump

That's a LOT of guitars for sale. Wish I had the financial resources to "help" you out...
franchelB: TGF member #57!
Old 06-22-2013, 01:59 PM

Default Guitars

Is the black A&L available...and if so please describe and provide price....also, are you sure about the 214 being solid? as far as I know 2006 was the last year for a solid 214, which was probably sapele....the newer ones have laminated rosewood back & sides....
Gibson J-35
Larrivee Parlour
Martin Dreadnaught Jr.
Rainsong Shorty
Taylor GS Mini-e Mahogany
Yamaha FSX700SC
Cordoba 20 tm-ce Ukulele
Mitchell Baritone Ukulele
Taylor GS MINI e bass

Last edited by acoustic rabbit; 06-22-2013 at 09:36 PM.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:50 PM
Charter Member

Bump for a great seller and a BEAUTIFUL collection of guitars!

Current Guitars:
1986 Petros Spruce/Rosewood Dread (for sale)
2000 Taylor XXV-DR
1997 Taylor 514c

My photography website
Old 06-23-2013, 02:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by acoustic rabbit View Post
Is the black A&L available...and if so please describe and provide price....also, are you sure about the 214 being solid? as far as I know 2006 was the last year for a solid 214, which was probably sapele....the newer ones have laminated rosewood back & sides....

The black A&L is in great condition, barely a mark; the action on the neck needs to be adjusted. Has a stock pickup. Comes with a soft case. It'll cost $265, which includes paypal/shipping.

The 214 has the bracing of a solid guitar, as opposed to the arch back of the laminates. Also, you can clearly see that it is sapele wood and not rosewood from the picture of the back.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:39 AM

Takamine, taylor 214e, and the GAce LTD are sold.
Old 06-27-2013, 02:25 PM

Taylor 314 is sold..
Old 06-29-2013, 11:13 AM

Took the 414 off the market.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Tags
bto, eastman, martin, takamine, taylor