The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 05-06-2012, 01:11 PM

Default 1/2 guitar stamped "Made in Western Germany"

Greetings! I am new here.

I have got a small guitar. It is a classical guitar. It has 17 frets. It measures 29.5 inches from the very tip of the guitar to the bottom. If I include the little knob at the bottom which is meant for securing a strap, it measures 30 inches. Looking into the soundhole, I can see stamped on the back plate "Made in Western Germany".

The fingerboard seems to be made of rosewood, with 4 marks made of materials that seem to be mother of pearl.

I looked very closely at the top, back and the sides. The wood seem to be of the same kind. I wish I could post pictures here but I cannot.

When I looked very closely at the top and the back, I could see they were built of strips of wood of about 1 inch in width as I could see joints very subtly. The joints are at the same locations in and out of the guitar.

There is s decoration that covers the rim of the soundhole so I cannot look at the edge of the wood there.

I am just learning to play guitar. I showed this guitar to my friend who plays a lot and he was impressed with the sound it produces.

I am interested in this guitar and I welcome any information about it. Thank you!
Old 05-06-2012, 08:33 PM
Cocobologist

Pictures are worth 1,000 words. If you can post a photo of your guitar, I'm sure that someone can help you.

Btw, welcome to the forum!

| '02 814c Custom (Coco/Sitka) | '03 912ce Custom (Coco/Engelmann)| '06 K65ce | '17 J45 Std. | '10 Breedlove Revival OM DLX (EIR/Adi) | Lots of electrics...
Old 05-06-2012, 10:21 PM

Thank you Gutch!

I have taken some photos but I do not know how to post them here. I clicked on the "insert image" icon and a little window opened which said "Please enter the URL of your image." I don't know what to do from there. The photos are in my computer. Could you please help me? Thank you.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:42 PM
Charter Member

Hey James

Load those pictures in photobucket. after loaded, and below each picture you will see 4 options like this:

Email & IM
Direct link
HTML code
IMG code

put your mouse over the IMG code, right click and copy, have another window and your AGF post open and ready, right click and paste in the message area.
toggle back and forth between the open windows of the photobucket and your AGF post and copy/paste the IMG code of each picture you want. then post the reply.

hope that makes sense and that it works for you.

d

Last edited by darylcrisp; 05-06-2012 at 10:48 PM.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:46 PM

Hi Darylcrisp, thank you. I will try.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:05 PM

Hi Darylcrisp, my goodness, I made it! Now, I have learnt something new!

The case in the picture is what I built for my guitar.

As the guitar is smaller, I have tuned it to CFBEGC.

Old 05-07-2012, 02:01 AM

Hmmm..nice little guitar. Looks like an all ribbon Mahogany (top, back, sides) one.
Clark: A-Wedge Monkeypod/Snkr Rdwd
Cornerstone: Zion All Koa
Cornerstone: Tenor Ukulele Prototype #2 All Koa
Fay: OM Mac Eb/Englemann
Stehr: Aud. Braz/Snkr Rdwd 8-str

Plaid Coyote's gone home to play
Old 05-07-2012, 10:38 AM

Thank you hnuuhiwa for your info!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Tags
1/2, half size, small guitar, stamped, western germany