The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments

Old 11-04-2016, 10:45 AM

Default Nice Capo for National

I've always used Kayser. Worked fine but may have been a little stressed by the depth of the necks on my national. Never tried it on my NRP bari. But my son is taking guitar at school and needed a capo so I gave it to him.

My birthday is coming up and I figured why not get a fancier one? Any recos for a good capo that'll fit the standard NRP National baseball bat neck well? Bonus points for fitting the bari, though I've never used one on that. Why pay to get that B and then choke it off?
Old 11-06-2016, 10:34 AM

Can't give you any advice on the fancier capos of the world, sorry, but I've got on just fine with a standard style Shubb capo on National and NRP necks.
I'm curious about the Elliot and G7 Heritage style capos, I like the look, but they cost real money...
Old 11-06-2016, 11:15 AM

Shubb is definitely in the "Nice" category to me...
Old 11-06-2016, 11:18 AM

Shubb is definitely in the "Nice" category to me...

Just need to figure out why the deluxe costs less than the standard...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Other Musical Instruments