The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 05:50 AM

Let me take you higher!
Old 04-27-2016, 03:32 PM
G625 mistral-k

Beautiful Sunburst! This one is a head turner and your set-up is perfect! Best of luck!
Old 04-28-2016, 05:39 PM

Back to the top...for a moment or two.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:13 PM

Bump, please.
Old 04-30-2016, 06:29 AM

This is a regular scale (25.5 inch). I omitted that from my description.

Here is some of what is available about this guitar on the Bourgeois website:

Overview:
The Advanced Slope D's is the dressed up version of our popular Slope D. It comes standard with a red "Adirondack" spruce top and the back and sides are from our best Indian rosewood. Features include: The original DB Snakehead headstock with an ebony headstock veneer; our Square headstock is a no charge option. Triple bound ivoroid body, head and neck binding, fancy side purfling and the original Dana Bourgeois backstrip. It has an Ivoroid rosette as well as Dana's version of a Floral fretboard inlay made from mother of pearl shell. The tuners are Waverly Nickel with ivoroid buttons. The Slope D style premium firestripe pickguard is standard. With bone bridge & end pins and our sunburst finish.
The Slope D happily accommodates a wide variety of playing styles including country, blues, old timey, pop, contemporary, and--you name it. If you're a fingerstyle player looking for a dreadnought-sized guitar that can handle fingerpicks or bare fingers as well as flatpicks, the Slope D is definitely your guitar!
Did we mention the standard sunburst finish? Famously hand-sprayed by Dana Bourgeois himself, no two Bourgeois sunbursts are exactly the same, and that's the way we like it. Sometimes we are influenced by the colors and textures of the top or back; sometimes we want to de-emphasize a distracting feature in an otherwise outrageous top; sometimes we're after a vintage vibe. And, sometimes, we're just going for a cool looking burst.
But if a sunburst isn't your thing, no problem, leave it off. Frequently requested options include a variety of back and side woods such as figured maple, figured mahogany, Cocobolo, Madagascar rosewood or Brazilian rosewood. Some folks request the optional square headstock.
Old 05-01-2016, 12:13 PM

Sunday bump.
Old 05-02-2016, 09:40 PM

Default Please send me your offers and possible trades

Please send me your trade offers and/or counter offers on my price.
Some trade offers are trickling in, so I might as well open my self to all the possibilities.

Cash sale is still preferred. Trades that bring me some cash are nice, but all trade offers will be considered.

In terms of woods, sizes, and makers: mahogany, walnut, and uncommon woods (bubinga?) are more desirable. EIR is less desirable, but other rosewoods have appeal. I usually like cedar tops, and European spruce tops. Twelve fret, 00, or small jumbo would be appealing sizes; some (Collings, Martin) mahogany dreads might draw me in. Prefer 1 and 3/4 nut, perhaps 13/16. Webber, Collings, Huss and Dalton, Greven, and Martin are preferred makers. I don't think I will go for a Taylor...they are great guitars, but I failed to bond with the one I owned, an older 810, so I superstitiously avoid purchasing them.

Oh...and a carbon fiber guitar for travel and Open Mics could be a contender

No (wood) OM's please.

Thanks!

Last edited by buddyhu; 05-03-2016 at 11:45 AM.
Old 05-04-2016, 08:42 AM

I've got some WONDERFUL trade offers...except that they are pretty much straight trades for guitars i'd want to keep.

Yes, this is definitely a "first world problem", and it is a stretch to even regard it as a problem in the first world.

Still hoping for a cash sale, or a trade that brings a good amount of cash my way. But I need to decide soon. So if you are on fence, now is the time to choose, and to send me an offer if you want to call this beauty your own.
Old 05-05-2016, 06:44 AM

Still available.
Old 05-06-2016, 11:20 AM

Prosaic bump.
Old 05-07-2016, 09:59 AM

"Lots of really nice guitars for sale here, but if I were you, I'd buy this one" bump.
Old 05-10-2016, 07:02 AM

A remarkable guitar, at a remarkably low price.

Last edited by buddyhu; 05-12-2016 at 04:11 PM.
Old 05-12-2016, 04:12 PM

SOLD!!!:up :
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars