The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2024, 05:08 PM
Charter Member

Default -SOLD- Froggy Bottom H12 Deluxe -SOLD-

2013 Froggy Bottom H12 Deluxe with Adi spruce top and special Bastogne Walnut back and sides. This exceptional instrument and has been the pride and joy of my collection for the last 7 years. If there are any dings or dents, I can't find them. It's structurally perfect with only very mild fret wear. -SOLD- $6,500 -SOLD-. A new one would cost $11,325 and next year is the last year they will be made.

If you are not familiar with Bastogne walnut, Froggy had a small stash that they crafted some amazing guitars with. You can find mentions of this on the forum here. The extra density gives bastogne a richer, more resonant quality. The response, note separation, and definition in this instrument is truly special. I bought a rosewood H12 at the same time I got this one and the rosewood Froggy went back. This bastogne H12 was just more alive and impressive to my ears. If you want the clarity one expects from mahogany but would like more overtones and richness, good bastogne walnut does that. And, because it's a Froggy, you get notes that pop and sustain for days.
Here's a quote from the Magore guitars website;
"Bastogne Walnut is a very strong, heavy wood and is the densest of all walnuts. Because it is so rare, Bastogne walnut is highly prized for making fine musical instruments and the rich bass, perfect separation of voices and sustain it offers is living proof of that. "

It's truly the finest flat picking guitar I've ever played and it's one I believed I would never sell. However, I developed a serious spinal issue in 2019 and have just started playing daily again after 4 years of therapy. I'm no longer flat picking and my light fingerstyle playing is better suited for acoustics with redwood, cedar, etc so I've made the painful decision to stop hoarding and sell my spruce topped acoustics.

My needs are so narrow now that trades are unlikely feasible, unless you happen to have an SCGC or Froggy model in redwood or all-koa.

The label has 4 signatures, including Michael's. I believe the specs to all be standard, 1 3/4" nut and 25" scale. https://froggybottomguitars.com/mode...oncert-guitar/
There is no end pin installed. I don't think the set up was ever changed. I tune down so there's been very little stress on the neck over the years and the neck angle has not changed. The body is in almost in new condition but has the benefit of age so the adi top is wonderfully clear and rich now with none of the new-adi cloudiness. It has been kept in a very strictly humidified guitar room, in it's case.

The Froggy logo has a cool smiley face which comes from clever abalone selection by the builder. I believe the headstock veneer is Madagascar rosewood. Binding appears to be flamed maple. If you need more pics than what you see in the folder I linked below, please ask.

I'm located in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area and interested buyers welcome to come play it. This is not a sale of desperation or necessity so no low-ball offers please. Thank you. If it doesn't sell now I'm confident in the value going up as Froggy Bottom is set to close it's doors next year as the staff retires.

Full collection of photos below;
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/ylrs9...wrj7n8fd2&dl=0

Here's just a few for the forum;

Last edited by Bowie; 04-18-2024 at 03:21 PM.
Old 04-16-2024, 10:02 AM

Default A beauty

That is a beautiful Froggy and I'm sorely tempted...
1998 Fender Stratocaster Deluxe
2000 Froggy Bottom H14
2008 Webber Baritone
2010 Taylor 812CE
2014 Larrivee Parlor
2011 Triggs Jumbo
Old 04-16-2024, 10:58 AM

Beautiful walnut! Must sound awesome!
Schenk Richard Gilewitz Signature Series (available)
Goodall PECJ - 12 ‘Persephone’ (available)
Martin HD-28 CTB
Taylor 510-C
Martin D-28 kit that I built
My own that I built from scratch
Old 04-16-2024, 07:28 PM
Charter Member

PM sent
d
Old 04-17-2024, 02:40 PM
Charter Member

deleted- saw your reply
thanks
d

Last edited by darylcrisp; 04-17-2024 at 02:50 PM.
Old 04-17-2024, 03:27 PM

Great price for a lovely guitar. cant imagine this guitar will last long on the for sale board. Good luck with your spinal recovery.

hans
2000 Froggy Bottom H12c (adir/ind RW)
2016 Froggy Bottom K mod (adir/madrose; my son's)
2010 Voyage-Air VAOM-2C

http://www.soundclick.com/hanstunes (recorded on Froggy H12c)
Old 04-18-2024, 03:20 PM
Charter Member

Thanks for all the kind words and inquiries. I clearly listed it too low as it has already sold to the first person who messaged me. Thanks Charlie and I hope you enjoy it for many years!

Thread can be closed now.
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars