The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-21-2018, 11:56 AM

That is absolutely wonderful, thank you so much for posting. I've always loved the Group of Seven and to see these incredible instruments inspired by there work is very moving. Superb work by all involved.
Luthier Stories
YouTube
iTunes
Instagram

Guitars by Jason Kostal, Strings by Elixir, Gefell Mics and a nail buffer.
Old 01-21-2018, 01:59 PM

Thanks for posting. This is indeed a show that is not to be missed if you have a love for well crafted acoustic guitars. It is a once in a lifetime show. I was there for the somewhat-related show by the Algonquin Ensemble which is gorgeous music based on Tom Thomson's work. Perfect time & venue for such a show.

It was a magical afternoon and my friend Terry Tufts, founding member of the ensemble, played his custom-made Manzer 50 string "guitar" built especially for this project. An amazing thing to behold.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DM7y2NgWsAEg-ED.jpg

The uber talented Linda Manzer (who lives close to us in Almonte, ON) was there as were other luthiers from the project.

Anyway, take the trip before the show is over. It is very special and the Gallery & grounds are just beautiful to boot.
Old 01-21-2018, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Watts View Post
That is absolutely wonderful, thank you so much for posting. I've always loved the Group of Seven and to see these incredible instruments inspired by there work is very moving. Superb work by all involved.
Michael,

While you're across the pond and maybe can not visit the exhibit, there is a documentary on DVD related to the project that is very interesting. Next best thing to being there and was what toured the cinemas here in Canada.

I contacted David Wren and he noted that he still had some copies for sale ($10 + postage). Anyone wishing to get a copy can contact David via his web site at -

http://wrenguitarworks.com/

His website is worth the visit, even if you do not buy the DVD

2018 Michaud OO-R
2012 Webber Dreadnaught *SOLD*
2010 Eastman E20OM
1994 Guild D30
1979 Yamaha FG375S (retired)
1974 Norman B30 (retired)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion