The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-12-2018, 07:28 PM
Musical minimalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Richardson View Post
Wow fitness that is a beautiful guitar. I am in the e40 club as well and am a true believer in their products. Mine sounded absolutely great from the first day. I don't know if it's the quality of the wood or just more attention to detail in the build but it is louder and filled with more of that sweet rosewoody, overtoney goodness than my six year old e20om (which is a nice sounding guitar too) even though they have the same specs and the same strings which are new. Of course sound is subjective and I could just be blinded by the BLING! Congrats and enjoy!
If I could find someone that had the OM version I'd be interested in making a trade - rosewood would fit my ear better in a smaller bodied instrument!

Old 01-12-2018, 08:02 PM

COngrats, it is a beauty for sure. The Eastman I bought for my stepdaughter's 16th sure as heck impressed me!
Old 01-12-2018, 08:28 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitness1 View Post
If I could find someone that had the OM version I'd be interested in making a trade - rosewood would fit my ear better in a smaller bodied instrument!
I think I understand that. In my case I don’t need a dried size because I don’t need a lot of volume. There’s gotta be someone out there who is ready to trade with you. I guess in the meantime just keep playing it as much as you can stand and maybe that addy will settle into something that you’ll like better.
Regards
J P
Old 01-12-2018, 08:37 PM
Musical minimalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Richardson View Post
I think I understand that. In my case I don’t need a dried size because I don’t need a lot of volume. There’s gotta be someone out there who is ready to trade with you. I guess in the meantime just keep playing it as much as you can stand and maybe that addy will settle into something that you’ll like better.
Regards
J P
I've modified the bracing/bridge and installed ports on my E10D - as dreads go, it doesn't get much better to my ear. Mahogany and Adi work great for the big body!! That one sent a 2014 D18 and a 2016 D18GE packing!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion