The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-19-2017, 03:25 PM

Default Ever use a Wampler Ethereal with an acoustic?

I'm getting rid of my Line 6 Helix and focusing solely on acoustic, instead of electric. However, I'm wanting to get a pedal or two so I can have a very slight mount of delay and reverb on the acoustic to give it some space...less sterile sounding.

Anyone ever used the Wampler Ethereal? Thinking maybe it could be a decent combo pedal to add a very slight amount of both into the mix and then leave it. I don't want something that I'm gonna have to switch to different settings and tap dance in the middle of our services. That's part of the reason for ditching the Helix and electric guitar.
Epiphone EJ-200 (2015)
Old 09-19-2017, 04:24 PM

I haven't used the Ethereal on acoustic but there's no reason why it wouldn't work well. I am not sure if it's analog or digital but I tend to prefer digital when it comes to delay on acoustic. Both work fine, I just find pristine repeats to sound best.

One thing I will say though is that I am pretty sure this particular pedal was designed for ambient tones. It might be overkill for what you want. Obviously you can dial down the reverb and delay but it's something to consider.
Old 09-19-2017, 05:17 PM

Yeah? It could be overkill. I'm asking about this specific one because I'm selling my Line 6 Helix to fund another acoustic as well as a reverb pedal. Someone offered up the Ethereal as partial trade towards the Helix. Was originally thinking of just a Hall of Fame or RV-5.
Epiphone EJ-200 (2015)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification