The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 09-07-2017, 05:20 PM

Rondo music sells a Tele clone that has a classic 6 screw Strat trem I believe.
I don't have one but I've seen a few.
Might wanna check it out if a low cost option is Ok?
Old 09-07-2017, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanic1908 View Post
Rondo music sells a Tele clone that has a classic 6 screw Strat trem I believe.
I don't have one but I've seen a few.
Might wanna check it out if a low cost option is Ok?
I think you're right, but I'd drop Kurt an email first and find out where the teles come from. I *believe* they're "Douglas" and made in China, and that some have not been as pleased with the quality as rondo's offerings made in SKorea. They may be perfectly fine (I've never seen one), just read some stuff. I know my Agile LP clone that came from Rondo (made in SK) is flawless.
Old 09-07-2017, 07:47 PM

I think you can pretty much build a Warmoth anyway you want.
Old 09-07-2017, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeX View Post
I think you can pretty much build a Warmoth anyway you want.

The problem is that I don't have access to the huge marketplace of guitars up here in Northern Europe. Internet shopping have swallowed up all decent music shops, leaving a very limited (boring) offering, with mostly crappola china models as xmas gifts for teenagers.

So I order my music gear from Germany. But guitars really should be tried before buying to avoid a wrong purchase. So I keep checking sec hand marked to see if I get lucky. I'd rather get a good older MIJ guitar than some new hit and miss Squier.
Old 09-08-2017, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marley View Post
For a Tele with a tremolo try to find the very unique Tele Deluxe Plus. They were made for a couple/few of years in the early 90's.

One guy I can think of who played one was Michael Houser from Widespread Panic before pancreatic cancer took him way too early.

His sounded great and he always said they were the most incredible guitars he ever played.
This is exactly what I came here to post. Mikey played a Fender Telecaster Deluxe Plus. Basically it is a Tele with Strat gear. Interestingly, Mike didn't actually like the trem, he just pulled on the entire bridge when he wanted vibrato.
Old 09-08-2017, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northward View Post
The problem is that I don't have access to the huge marketplace of guitars up here in Northern Europe. Internet shopping have swallowed up all decent music shops, leaving a very limited (boring) offering, with mostly crappola china models as xmas gifts for teenagers.

So I order my music gear from Germany. But guitars really should be tried before buying to avoid a wrong purchase. So I keep checking sec hand marked to see if I get lucky. I'd rather get a good older MIJ guitar than some new hit and miss Squier.
Ah, yeah that makes the search a lot more difficult. Best of luck!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars