The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 08-26-2017, 07:18 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Carbonius;

So, I presented my friend with the difficulty of a bow with a guitar radius. I will be giving him a bow, but his new question is: Could you do a cello nut and saddle on a bass guitar? Darned if I know. But it would be cool if you could make such a multi-tool.
Even if you changed out the nut and saddle, you would still have the much flatter radius of the fretboard. An arched nut and saddle may give a bow access, but the strings would be impossibly high off the fretboard.
Old 08-27-2017, 09:13 AM

Hey Evan , I'd get my *nutty friend to open his own account here, then he can join in the fun direct !

*it's the term for a person with enquiries about custom nuts
Old 08-27-2017, 09:31 AM
Guest 928

Long Jon;

My friend is really busy and he takes one break every afternoon, in our village park where we solve the world's problems (not doing too good at that right now). I have been channeling his questions and forum responses, facilitating his interest in the Balor.

Does your inquiry place you in your definition of "nutty?" Given the widespread forum interest in custom nuts, this forum is pretty crunchy.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber