The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 08-05-2017, 09:28 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHart View Post
Thanks for that info. I still am undecided about what my first CF guitar will be, but the OX is definitely a strong contender!

I've told Mark that I'd like right of first refusal if he ever decides to sell his. I think perhaps he needs to make some more room for some of the newer models that are coming on the scene, like the Journey RT660, which looks to be a great guitar for a very modest price! I like that it isn't a break-in-two model like its sister 660 model.
Quote:
I'm still kicking it all around. The CA OX is appealing; I like the size, playability, and tonal qualities. And the price isn't bad. But I haven't played a current production model coming from Peavey, and I have some qualms about what I've read about Peavey's customer service. And I read the Peavey rep saying the they had to change a lot of things from the pre-Peavey models? Makes me wonder what Peavey has changed from the pre-Peavey model I played and enjoyed.
The RS CH-OM does seem like a good deal and appeals more to me than many of the RSs visually. I'm just adding to the OX for sale not to push it, but to mention that personally, I wouldn't let recent posts about Peavey customer service or changes be a deterrent to getting a good deal which can be verified be fore purchase. I've never played or owned an OX, but I have owned a pre-Peavey GXi (only sold it to help fund my Emerald Chimaera 6/12 doubleneck) and a pre-Peavey Cargo. I'm a fan of CA and would take a chance on this particular OX at the price being asked now (especially if you like kram's) because I really think it could be sold for more. Whatever you decide, continue to enjoy the process!
Old 08-05-2017, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
The RS CH-OM does seem like a good deal and appeals more to me than many of the RSs visually. I'm just adding to the OX for sale not to push it, but to mention that personally, I wouldn't let recent posts about Peavey customer service or changes be a deterrent to getting a good deal which can be verified be fore purchase. I've never played or owned an OX, but I have owned a pre-Peavey GXi (only sold it to help fund my Emerald Chimaera 6/12 doubleneck) and a pre-Peavey Cargo. I'm a fan of CA and would take a chance on this particular OX at the price being asked now (especially if you like kram's) because I really think it could be sold for more. Whatever you decide, continue to enjoy the process!
Thanks again, Tom. I think you're right that the deal on the used OX is a good one. I'm just not sure yet if an OX is THE instrument that I really want. After reading my own review summary above, I'm reminded that I'm being pretty picky about these guitars, but the devil IS in the details! Finding one's own "right combination" of size, playability, and great tone takes time and work!
Old 08-05-2017, 10:02 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Thanks again, Tom. I think you're right that the deal on the used OX is a good one. I'm just not sure yet if an OX is THE instrument that I really want. After reading my own review summary above, I'm reminded that I'm being pretty picky about these guitars, but the devil IS in the details! Finding one's own "right combination" of size, playability, and great tone takes time and work!
You bet, and it sure is fun...and never really stops!
Old 08-05-2017, 10:43 PM

The hunt is often more fun than the kill!
Old 08-05-2017, 11:25 PM

Quote:
The hunt is often more fun than the kill!
This has got to be true, it certainly has been that way in my evolving tastes in what my wants and needs are in wood guitars. Thanks so much for your input here DHart! You really have helped with the high praise of the CH OM and a mild case of FOMO. I always new the Shorty was a special guitar and my honeymoon with it never ended. Incidentally I also learned this week that RainSong has discontinued the Shorty and the P12. That's right Shorty owners, you now have a collector guitar!

I wonder how many were sold since they were introduced?
Old 08-06-2017, 12:21 AM
AGF Owner & Founder

Yeah, we are really lucky to have Kramster here in our little AGF family. Not only a great photographer but a nice guy as well. (I remember walking around NAMM with him a few years back.) How cool of him to spend time with a fellow AGF'er interested in the CF world.

JR
Old 08-06-2017, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R. Rogers View Post
Yeah, we are really lucky to have Kramster here in our little AGF family. Not only a great photographer but a nice guy as well. (I remember walking around NAMM with him a few years back.) How cool of him to spend time with a fellow AGF'er interested in the CF world.

JR

Awwww shucks JR... you make a me blush.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 08-06-2017, 04:11 AM

Early X7 with Redwood...⬇

Early X10...⬇

Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 08-06-2017, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
Early X7 with Redwood...⬇

Early X10...⬇

Thanks, kramster... in the flurry of guitars I didn't recall them all. Sheesh, your collection is like a library of CF instruments.

I hope that Alistair offers the X10 again, as that size felt "just right" to me.
Old 08-06-2017, 01:41 PM

Reading about it here got me interested in seeing the Jorney RT 660, so I went to their site... but sumpin ain't rite !
Have a look here:

http://www.journeyinstruments.com/pr...n-fiber-rt660/
Old 08-06-2017, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long Jon View Post
Reading about it here got me interested in seeing the Jorney RT 660, so I went to their site... but sumpin ain't rite !
Have a look here:

http://www.journeyinstruments.com/pr...n-fiber-rt660/
Upside down pic!

They are readily available in high gloss for $1200!

https://www.laguitarsales.com/index....bon-fiber.html

https://www.themusiczoo.com/products...ar-black-gloss
Old 08-06-2017, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Thanks, that's a relief, I thought perhaps they only came in "upside down".

For the Aussie Market ?
Old 08-06-2017, 02:44 PM

Quote:

For the Aussie Market ?
If you ask really nice, they might ship one to you upside down. We all need a challenge to our playing from time to time! . And if the struggle gets really unbearable, you can always turn the guitar back rightside up! They are so versatile that way.

Judging from the nice tones I've heard from players like Don Ross with the collapsing 660, I would bet that the RT660 sounds pretty good.

I'm still leaning toward the RainSong H-OM1000R2 with the high polish carbon fiber top. Final decision not made yet, though.
Old 08-06-2017, 03:54 PM
Guest 1478

Quote:

For the Aussie Market ?
Upside down is ok as long as you order a left hander.
Old 08-06-2017, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtjohn View Post
Upside down is ok as long as you order a left hander.

Ha good one !!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber