The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops

Old 06-01-2017, 03:21 AM
AGF Sponsor

Default Prestige archtops?

Does anyone own or have experience with these? There is one for sale for what seems to be a good price in my area but it's a bit of a drive and I don't want to be disappointed. Description and pictures look good, tobacco sunburst, new condition, P-90 pick-ups, about 1 year old. I checked out their web site and they are made in Canada and seem to be good quality, plus it has a 1 3/4" nut with C-profile neck rather than the thick, sharp V that was a deal breaker on a Loar I was considering recently. Any input is welcomed!
Old 06-01-2017, 02:38 PM

While the woods used in their construction generally originate in Canada, TMK Prestige guitars are actually constructed in the same Korean factory that makes Peerless guitars - a long-time cult favorite (and one of the industry's best-kept secrets) among jazz/roots/Americana players long on chops and short on bucks. That being the case, if the price is right I say call the seller and arrange a look-see...
Old 06-03-2017, 04:19 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default Update

Bought it and it is GREAT! Fantastic fit and finish, Seymour Duncan P-90's that sound great for jazz or blues, high quality case. But some mystery remains. According to their site, they build their guitars in Vancouver..... BUT..... this one is identical in every way to a certain Peerless model. There is no label inside, but a serial number (000113) on the back of the headstock. In any case, I think this was a great buy. Gorgeous tobacco sunburst, gold mini Grovers & matching gold bridge, nice torch type inlay on the headstock, very comfortable C-shaped fairly thin neck (1 11/16" nut). Weighs a lot with the maple block inside but I'm sure that contributes to the great sustain. I am always will be primarily an acoustic player but it's nice to know I have a high quality electric if needed.
Old 07-19-2017, 04:38 PM

Default pictures

Can we see it?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops