The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-12-2013, 10:43 AM

Default Recommendation Needed (guitar refinishing content)

I have an archtop guitar that needs refinishing. If anyone has a recommendation for someone really, really good to do this type of work (preferably but not exclusively in southern California), please let me know.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:13 AM

Best of luck to you on your search. My Avalon L25 needed refinished but I'm lucky that the guys at the Avalon workshop are only an hour away and they're working away doing the job as I type..
Old 08-12-2013, 03:52 PM

in So. California (San Diego) check out The Blue Guitar. those guys are real pros.

"Accept your lot, whatever it may be, in ultimate humbleness. Accept in humbleness what you are, not as grounds for regret but as a living challenge."
Old 08-12-2013, 05:19 PM

Keep in mind that if you have a vintage archtop, refinishing will knock a chunk off its value if you ever decide to sell.
Regards,
Ed

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion