The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 05-27-2009, 09:10 PM

Cool My Pajamas

Original Song: My Pajamas
Music Style: Goofy Bluesy
Guitar: Gibson Les Paul Standard Plus
Effects: Digitech RP500 Multi Effects Pedal
Setting: CHORUSFX #11
Microphone: EV N/D967
Sub Mixer: Yamaha MG82cx
Main Mixer: Yamaha MG124cx
Recording Interface: Presonus Firebox
Recording Software: Adobe Audition 3.0

Link: Click Here To Listen

Old 05-30-2009, 10:19 PM

Bob,

I like it!

I'm a fool for the blues. Yes, I am.

Goofy works. The blues are tolerant. Well, then again, there's Little Walter's Lights Out.' You remember, "Boom Boom Out go the lights." Oh so politically incorrect, these days. But I digress.

I found your choice of guitar tone (mostly the chorus) an interesting departure from the traditional electric blues tonality. Yet it fit. I pictured you trying out different tones and effects on your Les Paul and you started feeling that bluesy thing happening. Then this song emerged. Am I way off base?

Thanks for this. It makes me want to work it up in my own way and send it back at you for your entertainment. You enjoy a good laugh don't you? Well, of course you do, you wrote this ditty. But my enthusiasm shouldn't be runnin' my mouth with promises rendered hollow by my limited recording competency. I thought , "Hey doesn't the Fender G-Dec have a shuffle with a bass line. I could record the acoustic ryhtmn and vocal along with that. Then I could dial in a tone on the Strat nd Vox AC30 and dub it ove....., Oh no! Wait! I don't have the capacity to do that."

Keep on keepin on, Bob. You're showing your versatility. Cheers.

Frank

Last edited by Frank Roberts; 05-30-2009 at 10:28 PM.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:47 AM

Nice sound Bob! I enjoyed it (my grandkids listened in and really liked it, too!). Goofy, but cool!

ReverbNation (originals)

SoundCloud (the Hobo Troubadour)
Old 05-31-2009, 10:19 AM

The guitar sounds really good, and the goofy songs are the best! Didn't you also have an acoustic version you did at an open-mic once (I thought you did, a title like "My Pajamas" isn't easy to forget)?

Any way, nice song!

"Yeah!" - Blind Boy Fuller
Old 05-31-2009, 04:38 PM

Nice job, Bob........

BTW what website do you use to upload your songs to? Do you have your own or is it something like Soundclick?
Old 06-02-2009, 06:31 AM

Smile Thank You All

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Roberts View Post
Bob,

I like it!

I'm a fool for the blues. Yes, I am.

Goofy works. The blues are tolerant. Well, then again, there's Little Walter's Lights Out.' You remember, "Boom Boom Out go the lights." Oh so politically incorrect, these days. But I digress.

I found your choice of guitar tone (mostly the chorus) an interesting departure from the traditional electric blues tonality. Yet it fit. I pictured you trying out different tones and effects on your Les Paul and you started feeling that bluesy thing happening. Then this song emerged. Am I way off base?

Thanks for this. It makes me want to work it up in my own way and send it back at you for your entertainment. You enjoy a good laugh don't you? Well, of course you do, you wrote this ditty. But my enthusiasm shouldn't be runnin' my mouth with promises rendered hollow by my limited recording competency. I thought , "Hey doesn't the Fender G-Dec have a shuffle with a bass line. I could record the acoustic ryhtmn and vocal along with that. Then I could dial in a tone on the Strat nd Vox AC30 and dub it ove....., Oh no! Wait! I don't have the capacity to do that."

Keep on keepin on, Bob. You're showing your versatility. Cheers.

Frank
Iwrote this song on acoustic originally, so the clean chorusy sound seemed to fit pretty well. Feel free to work it up any way you like. Music is meant to share.

And thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob1131 View Post
Nice sound Bob! I enjoyed it (my grandkids listened in and really liked it, too!). Goofy, but cool!
Thank you and thank your grandkids as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawlie View Post
The guitar sounds really good, and the goofy songs are the best! Didn't you also have an acoustic version you did at an open-mic once (I thought you did, a title like "My Pajamas" isn't easy to forget)?

Any way, nice song!
Yes this is the same song I did at the open mic that you mention. The crowd seems to get a kick out of it when ever I do it.

Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66strummer View Post
Nice job, Bob........

BTW what website do you use to upload your songs to? Do you have your own or is it something like Soundclick?
Thank you. I just upload the files to my comcast space and post the link.
Old 06-02-2009, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob1131 View Post
I just noticed this! Hey if it's a hit with Bob's Grandkids, it's a hit!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell