The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 07-15-2014, 02:24 PM

Default Acoustic Open Mic, Wednesday July 16, Dracut, MA

You’re invited to my Open Mic in Dracut, MA at the Boathouse on Wednesday, July 16. This is now an every-other-week event, so the next open mic after that will be on July 30.

If you’re not a solo player, this is still a fun event to attend and a good opportunity to network with other musicians – maybe you’ll find that band member you’ve been looking for! Last time we had a band looking for a lead guitarist that sparked a lot of interest with the solo guitarists who were there.
If you’re a singer and would like a guitar to accompany you or you’re an instrumentalist who wants another person to play and/or sing with you contact me at my email address below so we can figure out what songs we can do together.

At Back to the Boathouse the drinks are always flowing from bartender Trisha and the kitchen is open with food from Chef Rob – a great location overlooking scenic Mascuppic Lake.

http://www.back2theboathouse.com

Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/734621409934996

This is an acoustic Open Mic, not a ‘jam’. Electric instruments are ok, but you don’t need to bring an amp, just plug into the PA. Please: no drum kits (due to set-up time), but hand drums are welcome. Duo/trio/band? No problem - there’s a 12 channel mixer. If you need more than 3 mics, let me know ahead of time.
3 song minimum, sign-ups start at 6:45, 7-11pm and we go in order of sign-up. Each week we have been getting 7 or more players/bands, but if there is time we’ll start a second round of songs for anyone interested. If you sign up, but can’t stick around until your chance to play, let me know and I’ll make sure you get up early next time you come. Photos and videos of all performers are taken and posted on Facebook. If you want a whole song videoed, let me know.

There’s a stage and a very good PA system. Cables, mikes and a music stand are provided. If you need to borrow an acoustic guitar, let me know when you get there.

Google Maps or GPS are likely to take you on a convoluted path to get to the club in Dracut. Here are the best routes:

From I-93
Exit 46, west 9.5 miles on Rte 110 towards Lowell. Stay on the road next to the Merrimack River (don’t turn off to the rotary leading across the river in Lowell to follow Rte 110), it becomes the VFW Highway at this point. Take a right on Mammoth Road (church on corner near you, McDonalds on other side), stay on Mammoth Road for 1.6 miles, through a blinking yellow light, through a 4-way stop with blinking red light. At 3rd traffic light bear left onto Nashua Rd. Go 1.2 miles, after sharp bend to the left, take left onto Tyngsboro Rd. The Boathouse is 0.7 miles on the left.

From Rte 3
Exit 35, east 2.5 miles on Rte 113 towards Lowell. After crossing the river, Rte 113 goes right. Left on Butterfield Rd (1st left after Tyngsboro Country Club). This is a short road, take a right at the end onto Sherburne, go 0.5 miles and take left on Willowdale Rd 1.5 miles. This becomes County Road, follow to end, left on Tyngsboro Rd, the Boathouse is 0.1 miles on left.

My music: https://mikebirchmusic.bandcamp.com

2020 Taylor 324ceBE
2017 Taylor 114ce-N
2012 Taylor 310ce
2011 Fender CD140SCE
Ibanez 12 string a/e
73(?) Epiphone 6830E 6 string

72 Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Dot Studio
Epiphone LP Jr
Chinese Strat clone

Kala baritone ukulele
Seagull 'Merlin'
Washburn Mandolin
Luna 'tatoo' a/e ukulele
antique banjolin
Squire J bass
Old 07-18-2014, 08:22 AM

Had 11 players/duos this week, not bad for this time of the summer when the club itself has seen a drastic reduction in patrons even on the weekends. So 4 months into this every-other-week open mic, and I'm still 'pulling my weight'.
Next open mic is July 30.

My music: https://mikebirchmusic.bandcamp.com

2020 Taylor 324ceBE
2017 Taylor 114ce-N
2012 Taylor 310ce
2011 Fender CD140SCE
Ibanez 12 string a/e
73(?) Epiphone 6830E 6 string

72 Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Dot Studio
Epiphone LP Jr
Chinese Strat clone