The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 06-30-2014, 08:14 AM

Default Thanks in order.

Jeff, thanks are well deserved. Great food (loved the beans and the chicken). Great guitars. Wonderful pickers. A good time clearly had by all. Especially nice to see you again.

Ron Pinkham SP, Braz & German Spruce w/bearclaw (2011)
Omega GC02, EIR & engleman (1997)
Epiphone Classical, BR/Mah Laminate & Cedar (1972)
Old 06-30-2014, 09:07 AM

The thanks are to everyone who came and made it special. Trust me, I play guitar and eat here every day. Special thanks to those who came so far. Lancaster Co, PA, Winchester, Va, Eldersburg, Kingsville, Bowie, and Baltimore and more. Haven't seen Eric or Pete or Jan for a few years. Nice. So many people I really didn't get enough time to catch up with everyone. More than the usual assortment of great instruments, of course. Saw, played and heard my 1st Kostal. Every bit as good as advertised. If Cigarman's H&D is as good as the instruments he did bring, someone should snap it up. Nobody should hesitate to buy from him. Hope to meet up often and play with him more. Great playing throughout too. Playing in the back room, playing in the living room, playing on the deck, and playing on the patio. Playing went on til after 8.00. I think everyone was too engaged to take pics. Collective apology to the Forum. Among the musical highlights was hearing Zan playing his Django style guitar (Mike Collins build?) leading John, Alan and Malcomb on Sweet Georgia Brown, and then combining with Tom and the rest on St Anne's Reel. How sweet does Tom's Giacomel mando sound when he play it? Only problem was how much food is left. Anyone want to come by and play and eat today? Enough left to do the whole thing again. Hope to have another with the Oxwood Roadshow Guitar before the summer is over.

thanks again to all.

jeff
Flammang RS35, Flammang el35, SC 000 12 Fret ss, SC H13, SC PJ, Rockbridge 00, Eastman 810ce, Recording King RPH 03, Martin LX (on loan), Martin 0018vs (given to Godson), Lowden F388c (traded), SC OM (traded), Martin OM28v (traded), Martin 00017s (sold), Bourgeois Martin Simpson Slope D 12 fret (sold), Larrivee Parlor (traded), Larrivee L05MT (sold), Gibson LG1 (sold), Seagull Folk (traded)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases