The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-12-2017, 11:27 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by L20A View Post
I want to keep the barn door pre amp working.
I won't take it out so it might as well be used.
I also like the built in tuner that it has.
Hi L20A

The K&K Pure mini is an awesome pickup and workable even passively. I've run them through everything from the $30 Behringer V-Tone Acoustic Driver Di Adi21 to a $2000+ Pendulum rack mount, and just about any preamp improves the tone (particularly the adjustability of it).

The only issues I've hit were with outdated preamps which were noisy due to using inferior components. I've heard them wired to an old Fishman built-in preamp, and one to a Martin (likely Fishman) undersaddle preamp with no controls. They sounded better with the preamp (my opinion).

When it comes to gear, I always remember the 30 second rule…
I have 30 seconds to get the audience's attention, and if I don't have it in 30 seconds they don't care what kind of guitar I play, what kind of strings are on it, or what pickup is in it and which amp/preamp/PA is in the room with them.

Oh - and by the way - even if I do get their attention big-time…they still don't care what kind of guitar I play, what kind of strings are on it, or what pickup is in it and which amp/preamp/PA is in the room with them.

Unless…
it's a group of guitar players - and the only reason they want to know is so they can buy better gear to brag about…

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification