The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-10-2017, 05:25 PM

Default K&K Mini Vintage Conversion

Just bought a pre owned guitar that has a K&K Mini with the Vintage enjoin (no drilling required). I have the Mini in all my other guitars and really like it.

Is there a way to change out the Mini vintage 1/8 endpin for the standard drilled out 1/4 while leavingbthevtransfucers intact?
Old 12-11-2017, 01:11 AM

Changing the endpin jack should be no problem at all. All you need is the new endpin jack, a soldering iron, some solder, and a few standard tools. Of course, you'll need to drill the new 15/32" hole where the 1/8" jack is so you can install the new 1/4" endpin jack. Snip the wire leads from the transducers off the old jack and solder them back on the new jack. I have done all that before, and it isn't difficult at all, but you could always have a guitar tech install it for you, especially if you have any qualms about drilling/reaming the larger hole.
Old 12-11-2017, 10:17 AM

Thanks for the reply...
So, I have to buy a soldering gun, learn how to solder, drill out the hole, reset the jack in the new hole...

The mere thought of me near any wooden instrument with a glowing hot metal rod in my hands gives me the willys. Definite incendiary potential.

Off to my local tech guy...
Old 12-11-2017, 10:22 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slothead56 View Post
…Off to my local tech guy...
That would be my suggestion…

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification