The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 12-11-2017, 03:46 PM

I don't have any boutique pedals per se but I do have a few classics including an DD2, CE2 and a TS9 all from the 1980's. I do use a Sarno Steel Guitar Black Box but that is not a pedal in the traditional sense. It's boutique for sure and I'd never part with it. I also have a couple modded Boss pedals like the MT2 which definitely improved it dramatically and perhaps bumped it up into the boutique realm.
Old 12-11-2017, 04:51 PM

I have a Barber Direct Drive and a Barber Tone Press (compressor) pedal. I also have a MI Audio Blues Pro (early version), which I consider my all time favorite overdrive pedal. It has plenty of gain but it's the best pedal I've tried that gets the barely/faint overdrive tone that I'm fond of. I consider all three pedals as 'boutique' but none were what I consider high priced.
'18 Martin GP-28E
'65 Epiphone Zenith archtop
Old 12-11-2017, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Patrick View Post
...LOL...not even close to half of whats out there!!...no i don't think you get more per se...just a lot more variety...boutique pedal makers... (like their guitar and amp making counterparts)..are a tireless bunch and they're constantly bringing new twists to their circuits....

......add to that the video cyber-scene that now exists where top players like Pete Thorn and Mike Hermans can showcase these pedals and you have a thriving market where pedal GAS is rampant....head over to the Gear Page and check out how many used pedals are listed in a single day...its mind boggling...btw ...in the soft market with the holidaze upon us its a great time to pick some boutique dirt...dirt cheap...

...i'll only add that a Tube Screamer and a Deluxe Memory Man should be able to get any player just as much pedal driven goodness as anything that qualifies as "boutique"...
Yep, internet forums like The Gear Page really stroke GAS for pedals. Pete Thorn is a great guy. My favorite youtuber is Phillip McKnight. I watch nearly all of his videos. Very few are review of pedals though but the guy has a great channel. That's where I learned about some of the Friedman stuff.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars