The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 11-15-2017, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
I know the Coyotes have started poorly, but I haven't seen any home attendance figures for them. Are they not drawing well? Is there a lack of support in Phoenix that would justify a move or even encourage the League to force one? I don't follow the Western Conference so I'm in the dark about this. Any ideas where they might be likely to relocate?
Just looked at the Arizona attendance figures for this season: 13,761 / game. That's 28th out of 31 teams. Carolina (11,352), NY Islanders, and Florida are #31/30/29.

Last year's attendance figures have Arizona at 30th, 13,094. Carolina was last. Another team that I can see moving.
Old 11-16-2017, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Just looked at the Arizona attendance figures for this season: 13,761 / game. That's 28th out of 31 teams. Carolina (11,352), NY Islanders, and Florida are #31/30/29.

Last year's attendance figures have Arizona at 30th, 13,094. Carolina was last. Another team that I can see moving.
Thanks Dru, that's interesting info. Obviously the Coyotes are not doing well with attendance. Coincidentally I just read this morning that the NHL is looking into Houston as a possible location for a franchise. So maybe...

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 11-16-2017, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Thanks Dru, that's interesting info. Obviously the Coyotes are not doing well with attendance. Coincidentally I just read this morning that the NHL is looking into Houston as a possible location for a franchise. So maybe...
Everything I read about the Coyotes is that Glendale is the wrong location. If they were in downtown Phoenix perhaps it would be better.

I read the same thing about Houston. Someone recently bought the NBA's Rockets and that same person met with Bettman yesterday.
Old 11-16-2017, 05:31 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Quote:
Everything I read about the Coyotes is that Glendale is the wrong location. If they were in downtown Phoenix perhaps it would be better.

I read the same thing about Houston. Someone recently bought the NBA's Rockets and that same person met with Bettman yesterday.
If any city should be next to get a franchise, it’s Quebec City!
Old 11-16-2017, 05:34 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Well, tonight is the first game that the Sens and Pens will play against each other since last year’s exciting (and sad for Sens fans) Eastern Conference Final. Hopefully, the Sens will shut-down Crosby and the rest of ‘em. Go SENS Go!!!
Old 11-16-2017, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
If any city should be next to get a franchise, it’s Quebec City!
Absolutely! I still miss the Nordiques!

Quote:
Well, tonight is the first game that the Sens and Pens will play against each other since last year’s exciting (and sad for Sens fans) Eastern Conference Final. Hopefully, the Sens will shut-down Crosby and the rest of ‘em. Go SENS Go!!!
Another away game for the Pens where their opponent has had the date circled on the calendar.

Since it's not the second game of a b2b maybe the Pens will rise to the challenge. Even if the Pens lose it's always a pleasure to watch my favorite non-Pens player, Erik Karlsson. What a great player he is!!

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 11-16-2017, 06:39 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:

Another away game for the Pens where their opponent has had the date circled on the calendar.

Since it's not the second game of a b2b maybe the Pens will rise to the challenge. Even if the Pens lose it's always a pleasure to watch my favorite non-Pens player, Erik Karlsson. What a great player he is!!
The Sens haven’t played since the games against the Avalanche in Sweden last Friday and Saturday where they won both. It’ll be interesting to see if they’re rested or sluggish, not a way to be against the Pens. Yeah, Karlsson is special. I hope newly acquired Matt Duchene gets plugged in and makes a big impact over time.

Puck about to drop. Enjoy!
Old 11-16-2017, 07:17 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Good first period by both teams. What a highlight reel save Murray made on the Sens Hoffman who had an open net!
Old 11-16-2017, 08:00 PM

Quote:
I have a Nordiques jersey. It's cool.
Old 11-16-2017, 09:23 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Pens beat Sens 3-1. Rats!!!
Old 11-17-2017, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Good first period by both teams. What a highlight reel save Murray made on the Sens Hoffman who had an open net!
It was a really good period of hockey. To my eye it looked a lot like the games that were played in the ECF last season. And yeah, that save by Murray was amazing!

Quote:
Pens beat Sens 3-1. Rats!!!
Hard fought, competitive game. I admit to being relieved at seeing the Pens play a complete and well played game against a quality opponent.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 11-17-2017, 05:35 AM

Quote:
I have a Nordiques jersey. It's cool.
Pix are required!

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 11-17-2017, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Pix are required!
I have at least 1 jersey from every NHL team except Vegas. I'm going to have to create an account on something other than Photobucket. Looks like they don't allow file sharing anymore.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:08 PM

Canucks go against the Pens tonight. Canucks beat the Pens handily in Van earlier this with Brock Boeser potting a hat-trick against Murray.
Boeser is coming off a two goal performance in last night's win in Philly. If Boeser keeps it up he will be a strong contender for rookie of the year. Best natural goal scorer on Canucks since Marcus Naslund.
As for the Canucks they have been a big surprise this year. Not only in the wins category but in playing an entertaining uptempo game.
The special team stats aren't great and they could use a stud Dman but at least new head coach Green has them working hard.
BTW...Thanks to the Pens for trading us Pouliot....he's been a great fit so far.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:02 PM

Well Boeser is puttin' on the Ritz tonight. Two incredible goals! That kid can really shoot the puck. Canucks are deservedly ahead of my Pens 4-1 at the end of 2 periods. but they had some serious puck luck on the two non-Boeser goals. You're quite welcome to Pouliot. He was a trainwreck of a player for the Pens and so far down the depth chart he wasn't going to get a chance to work on getting his game together. It's a much better situation for him with the Canucks. Glad he's doing well.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic