The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 12-12-2017, 09:18 AM
Charter Member

Way back in 2001 or 2002 I was in DeWitt Music in Overland Park, Ks, suburb of KC and went into the accoustic room. I had a pretty inexpensive Alvarez and just always dreamed of a "great" guitar. I tried a few guitars, and then for the first time in my life I saw a few Taylor guitars. I picked a few of them off the wall and strummed, held, looked at, and admired everything about them. In a few weeks of returning, playing, thinking of the money, I ended up with my first Taylor, a 315ce, which then was a jumbo. That started my Taylor love affair. I eventually sold it and bought a DN4e ovankal, loved it. Then, saw in Mass Street Music in Lawrence, Ks a 2014 Limited 718e with sassafrass b/s. Man, I fell in love. Kept it for a couple years and traded for an 818e as the 800 series was what I always craved. It is a 2016. Then, I saw a K26ce all Koa wood on Sweetwater's website and kept my 818e and just added the K26ce. I omitted a brief time of owning a 316ce limited but traded it in with the 718e to get the 818e. I have loved every one of them. I feel like my little collection is great. When I bought a 2016 Breedlove Legacy Cocobolo my wife said, "I thought I'd never see you get anything but a Taylor". What can I say, I guess I just really like great guitars
Old 12-12-2017, 11:37 AM

If you haven't read Bob Taylor's book, "Guitar Lessons", I highly recommend it.
It is Bob's story of the history of Taylor Guitars, and his business philosophy. It is a great read even if you aren't into guitars.

I think it should be required reading for every business major.
Old 12-12-2017, 11:54 AM

As many know here, I am a huge Taylor fan.
I own 2 of them, and am very happy with the guitars,
and the company.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic