The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 12-10-2017, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justonwo View Post
That guitar looks absolutely stunning. Nice work on the 0.002” finish!

Aww shucks! [emoji1303]
Old 12-10-2017, 08:49 AM

Thumbs up Very well done indeed

Stephen,

The final outcome of your build is a delightful presentation for the player and audience. Visually, my favourite feature is the back stripe floating in a sea of maple pearls on the back, a very interesting feast for the eyes. While the endgraft, rosette and headplate brings continuity to the simple/clean overall aesthetics. The lighter, golden colour of the mahogany neck is a nice alternative to an all maple build and matches well with the headplate colours. The subtle flame is matched by the understated bearclaw of the top, a nice juxtaposition as they are not seen together but registar to the eyes and mind.

I wish I was close enough to GG to play this guitar, the sound clips are pleasing to my ears on my iPad, so likely the actual guitar would be in my wheelhouse. So many guitars ... sigh

2018 Michaud OO-R
2012 Webber Dreadnaught *SOLD*
2010 Eastman E20OM
1994 Guild D30
1979 Yamaha FG375S (retired)
1974 Norman B30 (retired)
Old 12-10-2017, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBKuz View Post
Stephen,

The final outcome of your build is a delightful presentation for the player and audience. Visually, my favourite feature is the back stripe floating in a sea of maple pearls on the back, a very interesting feast for the eyes. While the endgraft, rosette and headplate brings continuity to the simple/clean overall aesthetics. The lighter, golden colour of the mahogany neck is a nice alternative to an all maple build and matches well with the headplate colours. The subtle flame is matched by the understated bearclaw of the top, a nice juxtaposition as they are not seen together but registar to the eyes and mind.

I wish I was close enough to GG to play this guitar, the sound clips are pleasing to my ears on my iPad, so likely the actual guitar would be in my wheelhouse. So many guitars ... sigh

What a lovely description! You know I really focus on all the little details with my design and wood choices. Everything is done with purpose so I'm happy that people besides myself pick up on that. Thank you for the continued support!
Old 12-10-2017, 01:11 PM
AGF Sponsor

Beautiful work, Stephen. Mercy...what a fine instrument!

Steve

Crafted in the Piney Woods
Old 12-10-2017, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kinnaird View Post
Beautiful work, Stephen. Mercy...what a fine instrument!

Steve

Thank you Steve!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop