The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-14-2012, 12:36 PM

Default Good GC experience

I have seen plenty here with bad experiences at Guitar Centers, but I just wanted to give an "atta boy" to the GC in Greenville, SC. I went there yesterday while passing through town and got great service buying a used guitar. Richard the guitar tech went out of his way to help me with a couple of issues, and the regional Martin rep happened to be there and strung the guitar with a new set of strings.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:48 PM
Charter Member

Default Good GC experience

Nothing wrong with GC in general. I have had good and bad experiences at GC. But, I have had good and bad experiences at mom and pop music stores too.

Todd
Old 09-14-2012, 10:03 PM

Same here! I don't really get the whole bashing GC thing. Some people brag about where they shop and I just never understood that type of tone.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:03 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedarkestnight View Post
Same here! I don't really get the whole bashing GC thing. Some people brag about where they shop and I just never understood that type of tone.
I think it's a kind of backlash against the seeming adage that bigger is always better. Bashing verbally makes some feel a sense of power over the seeming Goliath of guitar stores while religiously shopping the sales....
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm

Last edited by RP; 09-15-2012 at 09:05 AM.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:58 AM

Craig - thanks for posting your positive experience. So you bought a set of strings and the Martin rep strung it up for you? Great!
Old 09-15-2012, 09:08 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Craig - thanks for posting your positive experience. So you bought a set of strings and the Martin rep strung it up for you? Great!
Dru, He bought a used guitar. He's letting us know that the tech at this location is helpful and the Martin rep strung up his guitar for him. Maybe with free strings. I appreciate knowing about his experience since I travel to GSP quite a bit and may want to stop in there.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion