The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 05-27-2017, 08:37 PM

Default NPD Electro Harmonix POG Nano

I miss having a bass player and was playing a venue with a nice sound system, a great sound guy, and some subs. I had to try out a pedal that adds a layer of bass, so I got the POG NANO and the sound guy was impressed with how well it tracked and sounded. A little pricey, but it's cheaper than a bass guitar and easier than finding a bass player who can play with our band all the time.
Old 05-30-2017, 08:06 AM

Can you play guitar and bass at the same time with that , or is it just one or the other ......

MostlyElectric

Acoustic

Martin D18 (1970), Yamaha LS6
Old 05-30-2017, 08:58 PM

The pedal is an octaver. It tracks (keeps up with note / chord changes) very well with one or the other (octave up, or octave down). With both octaves it sounds a little weird to me, but you can get a 12-string effect from it. So when you play guitar through it, the pedal generates 1) your dry tone 2) an octave below 3) an octave above, each of which has a level knob. I run my dry tone maxed out and the octave below at 12 or 1 o'clock and I hear a pleasing lowend tone. The pedal has a dry out and an effects out. I ran the effects out to a bass modeler and was able to get chest thumping bass through a PA with 18" subs all out of my acoustic-electric guitar.

So I guess you can only guitar (and bass) at the same time.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars