The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 05-27-2017, 02:07 PM
Charter Member

Oh, my - that is absolutely gorgeous! Congratulations, Kerbie! Like you, I've found the X7 to be well balanced, great tone, and SO comfortable.

Now, regarding an X20...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbie View Post
I don't know... I like the small-bodied guitars.

Thanks, guys... it's hard to take my eyes off it long enough to play it.
The day a new guitar arrives is NOT the day to talk about "the next one." If I had gone with a striking woody like your X7, I may not have had my head turned by the X20 Select Series. Lucky for me it played out the way it did.

The X7 turned out to be the ultimate for me as I "worked my way down in size" on guitars. I couldn't imagine a bigger guitar that would please me as much... until the X20 arrived. Best of both worlds... um, sizes.

Your mileage may vary. The way you're feeling right now about the X7, won't.

Enjoy!
Old 05-27-2017, 02:27 PM
Charter Member

Not to sidetrack a wonderful NGD.....but Jim is right, my X7 has been sitting since the X20 arrived. But the X7 will have it's time coming soon when we travel. Both wonderful guitars. I am still shocked how good the X20 is.
Old 05-27-2017, 03:17 PM
Charter Member

Your X-7 has been sitting??? That's difficult for me to imagine right now. You can keep trying, but I don't know about the X-20… I'm pretty happy with the X-7.

Thanks, guys!
Old 05-27-2017, 03:26 PM
Charter Member

Wow...that is one beautiful guitar! Congratulations and enjoy!
Old 05-27-2017, 05:05 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Your X-7 has been sitting??? That's difficult for me to imagine right now. You can keep trying, but I don't know about the X-20… I'm pretty happy with the X-7.

Thanks, guys!
For the record, my X7 has NOT been sitting. Happy with the X7? How 'bout ecstatic? This is not one of those "this is better than that" situations... both are great. Can a person be happy with ONE great guitar? Well, sure.

But, if one great guitar is ... um, great... then, two must be even more greaterer. Maybe even the most greaterest if they are different enough that you can rationally (?) justify having both.

Enjoy that X7. Don't listen to those here who would have you doubt anything about that beautiful guitar. You could happily play that sweet guitar for the rest of your days. Well, I could happily play my X7 for the rest of my days.

But, if curiosity gets the best of you, you may want to know about other exceptional offerings... certainly not in place of, but alongside. Happy Together (cue the Turtles music). Big and powerful; compact and comfortable. OK, the big can be comfortable, and the compact can be powerful (just plug it in). Oh my goodness - you CAN have it all!

I love these New Guitar Days!
Old 05-27-2017, 05:12 PM
Guest 1478

What a fantastic looking guitar, Congrats! The X7 seems to be a very user friendly instrument and that quilted maple does it for me every time (I'm thinking of getting the missus some lingerie in that pattern ).
My QM X20 is about a month from completion and seeing beautiful examples such as yours and others on this forum has got me like a cat on a hot tin roof.
Old 05-27-2017, 05:41 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

Thanks, guys!
It won't sit for long, I'm still honeymooning with the X20....
Old 05-27-2017, 05:51 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinco View Post
It won't sit for long, I'm still honeymooning with the X20....
I think the word you're looking for is: threesome.

And, where do we find that quilted maple lingerie xtJohn was talking about? Victoria's Secret Veneer?

See what happens when you leave me unsupervised with an Aussie influence??

Old 05-27-2017, 05:54 PM
Charter Member

Thanks a bunch... you guys are killing me.

I can't see anybody's X-7 sitting very long. I haven't figured out how they made these so different from the others. I don't think I've played all CFs, but I've played most of them... and this thing is different. It's kind of a warm guitar to play... it just feels right. I no longer own a guitar bigger than a 00, so it doesn't take me long to adjust to the scale or the body size. Very comfortable.
Old 05-27-2017, 06:15 PM

Hey Kerbie, Congrats on the Emerald! What a stunning looking guitar. Looking forward to the first time I get a chance to play one. Enjoy.
Old 05-27-2017, 06:20 PM
Guest 928

Alistair is on a roll. I've often said that he reminds of Nathan Daniel, a genius of electric guitars. Alistair has gone deeper than the Danelectros-- he's been messing with the 500 year R&D of acoustic guitars.

I believe that we are all lucky to be at such a nice edge. All the CF makers are pushing the envelope and giving us musical instruments unlike any that came before. And away we go........
Old 05-27-2017, 06:29 PM
Charter Member

Thanks, Dru... come on over!

Evan, I think you're right. I don't think I played a CF until about 2011 or '12. And what I remember from those days doesn't even resemble this. Maybe Sean can shed some light... or maybe I need to go watch more marketing videos. Of course, that cuts down on playing time.

Last edited by Kerbie; 03-27-2019 at 01:56 AM. Reason: Spelling 101
Old 05-27-2017, 07:03 PM

Great looking (and I'm sure sounding and playing) guitar Kerbie. How is the weight compared to a Cargo? I understand why you posted this here in the CF forum but it's too bad the general discussion folks who never venture here aren't seeing it and the responses. Quit reading and go play!
Old 05-27-2017, 07:08 PM
Charter Member

Thanks, JG. Yeah, we CF people try not to mix with that other crowd very often... they probably don't understand us.

I believe the X-7 is almost a pound lighter than the Cargo, so it's not insignificant. And it's not as headstock-heavy as the Cargo is either. I just got the two together tonight though, so I haven't yet made too many direct comparisons, but I will. The best change for me will be the nut width.
Old 05-27-2017, 07:28 PM

Congrats on that nice quilty X7!

This will be a keeper for you I'm sure. These travel sized Emeralds are really handy for any occasion!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber