The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 05-25-2017, 10:06 PM

Default Too much

Hi, this is a song Bill Spooner wrote, its also performed by Kasim Sulton. I think it's a beautiful song that has got all the great elements that make for a superbly crafted "acoustic song writters song" .

For younger folks who may not know, Bill Spooner was a founding member of "the Tubes" a band from the 70's 80's that had many hits. Bill is one of the best song writers of this era imo and still has got it after all these years. It's a great song and I just wanted you guys to take a listen if you can possibly find the time.

Old 05-26-2017, 10:04 AM
Guest 33123

Absolutely wonderful jessupe! I totally loved that. Your performance and arrangement are terrific​!

My brother and I are big fans of The Tubes and Utopia/Todd Rundgren so I'm familiar with Bill's work. I do hear some Todd influence in this song which is no surprise since he produced The Tubes' Remote Control and Love Bomb. But obviously Bill is one heck of a writer.

Thank you so much for sharing this! More!
Old 05-26-2017, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Doug View Post
Absolutely wonderful jessupe! I totally loved that. Your performance and arrangement are terrific​!

My brother and I are big fans of The Tubes and Utopia/Todd Rundgren so I'm familiar with Bill's work. I do hear some Todd influence in this song which is no surprise since he produced The Tubes' Remote Control and Love Bomb. But obviously Bill is one heck of a writer.

Thank you so much for sharing this! More!
woah buddy! thanks, but, just so we are clear, that is Bill Spooner....I know this section is primarily for member performance...so sorry for any confusion, I just wanted to post it so folks could hear it...Bill is great, and for a guy pushing 70 his voice is still very strong, clear and focused.
Old 05-26-2017, 10:53 AM
Guest 33123

Ahh! Even still I'm very happy you posted this. Bill etc are very underrated IMO.
Old 05-26-2017, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Doug View Post
Ahh! Even still I'm very happy you posted this. Bill etc are very underrated IMO.
I have some stories, trust me....when I wore a younger mans clothes I dated a songbird who ended up singing with many of the bay area greats as a backup vocalist, for albums and tours....So I had my days in the sun with Todd, Michelle, Bean, Rex, Randy, Liv, the tubes and in general that entire "69 Sunshine" crew...

Funny thing was that at the time, I was a metal head and really did not appreciate what I was around at the time....

It had been years since I thought of or seen Bill, so I searched utube and found this song...after I did write him and we chatted on the phone for a bit....he's doing well...but it will always be one of those "life not fair" thing to me with what happened to the Tubes, they were so good.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell