The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 03-01-2013, 08:50 PM

Default PC Software like Onsong?

I have Onsong on my ipad, and love it. But, it fills up my storage quickly, and I would love to find PC software to use that is similar to Onsong. I mainly use it for practice, so for me using a pc would be better than a filled up ipad. I know it is going backwards, leaving a tablet to go to a pc, but any software advice is appreciated. Thanks, Mike.
Eastman AC312
JTV-59
Old 03-01-2013, 08:54 PM

have a look at songbook, it is a android app but it has a PC version also.

And a few others
Old 03-04-2013, 04:39 PM

Thanks! That was exactly what I was looking for.
Eastman AC312
JTV-59
Old 05-22-2017, 11:00 AM

I've used Unreal Book for a while and it does everything, and more, that you specified. Set up set lists, songs are all listed alphabetically, you can search by whatever key words you set up. You can use a Bluetooth page turner to move from song to song or page to page on longer songs.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:35 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mloywhite View Post
I have Onsong on my ipad, and love it. But, it fills up my storage quickly, and I would love to find PC software to use that is similar to Onsong. I mainly use it for practice, so for me using a pc would be better than a filled up ipad. I know it is going backwards, leaving a tablet to go to a pc, but any software advice is appreciated. Thanks, Mike.
Hi m-white
I have a friend who is Windows and Android, and I'm Mac/iOS. We both are very involved with music which benefits from using tablets and computers.

I asked him what he uses and he showed me a program called MobileSheets. It is available for both computer and tablet, and can interact between the two. According to him, it is the equivalent of OnSong for PC/Android (he is a computer programmer).

Teams at his church (of over 6000 members) use both depending on their platform of choice.

I looked it up again, and it seems to do what OnSong does for Mac/iOS. It has kept pace with OnSong in capabilities. It does chord-pro as well as text based charts, so it's very similar. Google it (it is a zubersoft dot com program).

It is $12.99 for each version (mobile and computer).

Hope this adds to the discussion.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write