The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 11-30-2017, 11:46 AM
Charter Member

Dang if I know which is the best. I'll just have to keep trying them all until I find what is best for me.
Old 11-30-2017, 02:36 PM

Welcome walcop....

.... anyway... my fav might just be the new one(s) coming beginning next year. New as in new to me

Nice weather in Phoenix today.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc

Last edited by kramster; 11-30-2017 at 03:53 PM.
Old 11-30-2017, 02:41 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
Welcome walcop....

.... anyway... my fav might just be the new one(s) coming beginning next year. New as in new to me and to pretty much every one in the world... New models? New upgraded older models? Hmmmmm.... Just sayin’ or possibly teasin’ ...Roughly translated as “ I know something you don’t know” type thing...

Nice weather in Phoenix today.
Kram...would someone be wise to wait a bit before buying a Savoy?
Old 11-30-2017, 07:04 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
Sorry folks.... the best CF guitar already lives at my house, and you can't have it.

Seriously, "best" is a loaded question. Best for me is likely not the best for you. I hear the sound and feel the neck differently than you do, and you might have an entirely different mental picture of great tone. Otherwise there would be no need for multiple guitar brands and varying approaches to building.
I read this and had to go to my guitar room to make sure you didn't swipe mine, Earl!!

Whew! Still there. You know I'm not big on these "guitar comparison/competition" posts, but I think it's great that you have the second best carbon fiber guitar. Really, that's still very special.

And for Kramster, regarding the "I know something you don't know"... get in line - there is a LOT of stuff I don't know.
Old 12-02-2017, 04:30 PM

I have 2... a Blackbird Lucky 13, and a Rainsong BI-WS1000N2 (Black Ice). I really enjoy my L13, but the Rainsong is simply amazing in every way... there is nothing it does not do exceptionally well. I suspect it is the WS1000 body more than anything, but there is some special secret sauce in the Black Ice system.

Several of my buddies have Emeralds, one other Rainsong (OM1000), and a CA. I took my Rainsong into LA Guitar and played against everything I was interested in... there was nothing that equals the tone and playability of my guitar.

Now back living in Baja Sur where I started my carbon fiber journey... Bend OR was too cold!
Old 12-02-2017, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billder99 View Post
I have 2... a Blackbird Lucky 13, and a Rainsong BI-WS1000N2 (Black Ice). I really enjoy my L13, but the Rainsong is simply amazing in every way... there is nothing it does not do exceptionally well. I suspect it is the WS1000 body more than anything, but there is some special secret sauce in the Black Ice system.

Several of my buddies have Emeralds, one other Rainsong (OM1000), and a CA. I took my Rainsong into LA Guitar and played against everything I was interested in... there was nothing that equals the tone and playability of my guitar.
While I don't believe any guitar is "the best", there are some that live in exceptionally high esteem. For me, my Martin OM-28V and Rainsong CH-OM1100NS live in that elevated realm.

As far as composite guitars go, I couldn't agree more with you: Rainsong indeed has a special secret sauce that makes their instruments sound fantastic - better than any other composite guitar I've played. I could not be more impressed with the tones I get from my CH-OM1100NS.

Last edited by DHart; 12-02-2017 at 08:20 PM.
Old 12-02-2017, 08:47 PM
Charter Member

It’s all about finding what’s the best carbon Guitar for you. What I “thought” would be my ideal tone and size Guitar in the beginning of my search is not what I ended up with. It’s a journey that every individual has to take. I love to read everyone’s different story. Diversity is what makes the world go round.
Old 12-03-2017, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bry View Post
It’s all about finding what’s the best carbon Guitar for you. What I “thought” would be my ideal tone and size Guitar in the beginning of my search is not what I ended up with. It’s a journey that every individual has to take. I love to read everyone’s different story. Diversity is what makes the world go round.
Exactly ... it is fun to read all this
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 12-03-2017, 09:46 AM

DHart, love that photo of your Rainsong. All geometric and not symmetric angles... the light of the sun, the striations of the CFR, the parquet grain lines... sort of like a Black Ice composition.

Now back living in Baja Sur where I started my carbon fiber journey... Bend OR was too cold!
Old 12-03-2017, 03:35 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by billder99 View Post
DHart, love that photo of your Rainsong. All geometric and not symmetric angles... the light of the sun, the striations of the CFR, the parquet grain lines... sort of like a Black Ice composition.
I agree...a very nice, interesting capture of the RS.
Old 12-03-2017, 07:02 PM

Shiny guitars can reflect things if not careful,, this ole CA was a bugger..
'

Last edited by kramster; 12-03-2017 at 07:08 PM.
Old 12-03-2017, 07:07 PM

Old 12-03-2017, 07:20 PM
Guest 928

Mr. K;

I die! These are incredible visuals. Thank you.
Old 12-03-2017, 08:16 PM

Thanks I think... these are from November 2009... you know..when I was a just a kid
Old 12-03-2017, 08:27 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
Thanks I think... these are from November 2009... you know..when I was a just a kid
I think I remember these photos. Iirc, you had posted them at the McNichol’s CF forum?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber