The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 01-09-2018, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
Nice to see those two getting those stars of the week honors at the same time. Everytime I watch Bergeron I'm reminded of one of my all-time favorite players, HOFer Ron Francis. An incredible combination of skill and an elite hockey IQ.
Bergeron needs a couple of more years on his resume but he's a Hall of Famer. He's won Gold with the World Juniors, World Championships, Olympics (twice), and the Stanley Cup. Both Bergeron and Crosby played on the same Gold medal team for the World Juniors and Olympics. Not sure about the Worlds.

Are the Pens off now on a break?
Old 01-09-2018, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Bergeron needs a couple of more years on his resume but he's a Hall of Famer. He's won Gold with the World Juniors, World Championships, Olympics (twice), and the Stanley Cup. Both Bergeron and Crosby played on the same Gold medal team for the World Juniors and Olympics. Not sure about the Worlds.

Are the Pens off now on a break?
Yup. Pens don't play again until Saturday. I understand the Bruins are off too.
I know the Pens can use a break, but darn-it I'm going through withdrawal.

AKA 'Screamin' Tooth Parker'

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
Squier Classic Vibe 50s Stratocaster
Squier Classic Vibe Custom Telecaster
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 01-09-2018, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Yup. Pens don't play again until Saturday. I understand the Bruins are off too.
I know the Pens can use a break, but darn-it I'm going through withdrawal.
Pens taking a break is good. Bruins taking a break is bad because they're playing so well.

Cat - aside from the Pens, are there teams that are secondary teams that you like to see win (as long as it doesn't put the Pens in a bad situation)?
Old 01-09-2018, 07:47 PM

I follow the Lightning casually being that they're sort of my local team. Since you and a close friend of mine are Bruins fans I've been following them more closely. So my secondary teams are those two, but if Tampa and Boston meet in the playoffs I'll be rooting for the Bruins.

How about you? I know you're a Bruins and Pens fan, any others?

You can listen to Walt's award winning songs with his acoustic band The Porch Pickers @ the Dixie Moon album or rock out electrically with Rock 'n' Roll Reliquary

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 01-09-2018, 09:35 PM

Quote:
I follow the Lightning casually being that they're sort of my local team. Since you and a close friend of mine are Bruins fans I've been following them more closely. So my secondary teams are those two, but if Tampa and Boston meet in the playoffs I'll be rooting for the Bruins.

How about you? I know you're a Bruins and Pens fan, any others?
I was a big Oilers fan in the 80s because of Gretzky - they were my favorite team. Now that McDavid is in the league I would like to see the Oilers do well again. It's easier that they're in another conference.

Just read that Jagr's days may be numbered in Calgary. He's hurt again and hasn't done much this season.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:54 PM

The Columbus Blue Jackets are going to win the Stanley Cup this year.

Yeah, and I'm an underwear model.
Old 01-10-2018, 06:47 AM

Quote:
I was a big Oilers fan in the 80s because of Gretzky - they were my favorite team. Now that McDavid is in the league I would like to see the Oilers do well again. It's easier that they're in another conference.

Just read that Jagr's days may be numbered in Calgary. He's hurt again and hasn't done much this season.
Same as you I'm a McDavid fan. Thought the Oilers would build on their season from last year, but it hasn't worked out that way. Any idea why they've struggled this year?

As for Jagr, well I guess the end has to come at some point. I consider myself fortunate to have seen him play. The HOF is waiting.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 01-10-2018, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockback View Post

Much as I dislike the Blue Jackets because of their rivalry with the Pens, I respect them. They're a good team with a Vezina winning goalie, and Torts is a coach that has a Cup on his resume. With parity being a theme in the current NHL I think the Jackets have as good a chance at winning a Cup as anyone. Just in case, I hope you can get a body waxing appointment in June.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 01-10-2018, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockback View Post

I was living in Columbus when the Blue Jackets joined the NHL. Saw a few games at Nationwide Arena and played there myself in our rec league. I'd like to see them do well. Not a Torts fan.
Old 01-13-2018, 04:50 PM

Pens return from their bye week apparently refreshed. Beating the Wings 4-1. Crosby with a goal and assist looks rejuvenated.

Bruins take on the Canadiens tonight which is unfortunate scheduling since the Patriots will be hosting the Titans at the same time. Would have thought the NHL might have changed their game to this afternoon.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 01-14-2018, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Pens return from their bye week apparently refreshed. Beating the Wings 4-1. Crosby with a goal and assist looks rejuvenated.

Bruins take on the Canadiens tonight which is unfortunate scheduling since the Patriots will be hosting the Titans at the same time. Would have thought the NHL might have changed their game to this afternoon.
Cat, I caught the last half of the game on tv yesterday (I'm home for the week-end). The Pens were playing well, including Crosby, Malkin, and Kessel.

I watched the Bruins/Canadiens OT and shootout last night (Patriots game got the priority last night). Great to see our two teams doing well.
Old 01-14-2018, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Cat, I caught the last half of the game on tv yesterday (I'm home for the week-end). The Pens were playing well, including Crosby, Malkin, and Kessel.

I watched the Bruins/Canadiens OT and shootout last night (Patriots game got the priority last night). Great to see our two teams doing well.
Congrats to the Bruins for a hard fought win on enemy ice. BTW-Have you heard anything about how Phillip Danault is doing? Saw the replay of him getting hit with a shot from Chara. Pretty scary stuff with him getting carried off on a stretcher.

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 01-14-2018, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Congrats to the Bruins for a hard fought win on enemy ice. BTW-Have you heard anything about how Phillip Danault is doing? Saw the replay of him getting hit with a shot from Chara. Pretty scary stuff with him getting carried off on a stretcher.
Scary stuff. I haven't heard anything. Hopefully there will be some positive news today but I imagine he's out a while.
Old 01-14-2018, 06:36 PM

The puck is about to drop for the Pens vs Rangers. Go Pens!!!

Bourgeois AT Mahogany D
Gibson Hummingbird
Martin J-15
Voyage Air VAD-04
Martin 000X1AE
PRS SE Standard 24
Old 01-14-2018, 09:27 PM

Pens win their 4th in a row over the Rangers and edge ahead of them in the wild card hunt, final score 5-2.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic