The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 08-21-2014, 07:25 PM
Charter Member

Default NAD: Yamaha THR 10C

Just arrived today. Came from eBay. I'm totally blown away by the tones! What a great sounding amp! Not very loud but perfect for home use. I may have to sell my Mustang 3. Can't wait to try out the recording interface.

Todd
Old 08-21-2014, 08:15 PM

Congrats! I am seriously contemplating getting one of these. I look forward to reading more of our impressions as you play around with it. Please keep us informed!
Old 08-22-2014, 09:05 AM

Congrats Todd! I'm not familiar with the Yamaha but I just checked it out. Very unique looking. Do you like the tone better than the Mustang?
Old 08-22-2014, 09:06 AM
Charter Member

I played it for a while last night and it's surprising the tones you can get out of this little amp. It definitely blows my Microcube away. It has some awesome clean channels (which is my "thing"). You wouldn't want to jam or gig with it, due to a lack of volume for such things, but for home playing it's hard to beat!

Dru,
For low volume playing, yes I like the Yamaha better. But, the Mustang is a 100w amp and sounds much better with the volume turned up. I think I'll just keep both of them anyway. They both have their pluses.

Todd
Old 08-22-2014, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneDigger View Post
I played it for a while last night and it's surprising the tones you can get out of this little amp. It definitely blows my Microcube away. It has some awesome clean channels (which is my "thing"). You wouldn't want to jam or gig with it, due to a lack of volume for such things, but for home playing it's hard to beat!

Dru,
For low volume playing, yes I like the Yamaha better. But, the Mustang is a 100w amp and sounds much better with the volume turned up. I think I'll just keep both of them anyway. They both have their pluses.

Todd
Thanks Todd. I'm going to play one next time I'm at the store (assuming they have them).
Old 08-22-2014, 03:12 PM

I also just bought one of these and just picked it up minutes ago. I will tinker around tonight and see what I get out of it. Looks like an awesome practice amp.

I was so close to pull the trigger on the Roland cube lite I think it's called...but this is much more versatile I think.
Old 08-22-2014, 07:01 PM

There are a lot af well-respected small amps making it hard to choose one. I've been considering a Blackstar or the Yamaha so I eagerly await your assessment of the yamaha!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars