The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 08-16-2014, 04:46 PM

Location: A small island off the coast of a bigger island off the coast of a giant continent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurent Brondel View Post
The Strymon stuff is a bit overated IME, and not that transparent, again IME. They do put out great demoes though, which is good marketing…
I bought mine after playing with it in a store for an hour... watched the videos later for ideas. I only offered them as a way of understanding what they offer and what they don't...
Old 08-17-2014, 04:49 PM
AGF Owner & Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurent Brondel View Post
The TC is a very transparent pedal, as is all high end TC gear, the buffer is great. The vibrato and flanger modes are almost useless, but the analog chorus is inimitable, subtle, wide and the best there is IMHO.
The Strymon stuff is a bit overated IME, and not that transparent, again IME. They do put out great demoes though, which is good marketing…
The TC does sound good and it's very flexible. I found a review here -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSlUUB4u-dc
One thing that's also really useful about this pedal is the input gain which could act as a buffer in the signal chain. The downside for me is that I'm trying to run this board off of one power source - the Fuel Tank, and the TC has to be plugged directly to the mains. I guess it's nothing a 3-outlet AC plug couldn't fix though...

The Strymon demo sounds great to my ears - a bit warmer so there's probably some EQ/coloration going on somewhere but it still sounds good and will plug into current setup with no issues.

This Soundblox 2 Orbital Modulator looks interesting too and has a ton of options. Sounds great in the demo and has the option of being controlled by an expression pedal, MIDI, or the new Hot Hand controller.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars