The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 11-11-2017, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kray Van Kirk View Post
You can't ask that here! Do you want to start a rumble?!?! :-p
He didn't, he asked in the General section where I think he would have received the attention of more CF owners. Not sure if it's possible, but given that the General section is "A place to discuss anything related to acoustic guitars" it might have been cool to duplicate this post instead of moving it, and let them run in both sections.
Old 11-11-2017, 07:12 PM
Guest 928

Well, you're all wrong,. My X10N-OS is clearly the best. It sounds the best, feels the best, plays the best, and looks the best. I just don't understand why the rest of you don't see the light. I may have to call in the moderator to quell your dissent.
Old 11-11-2017, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted @ LA Guitar Sales View Post
it might have been cool to duplicate this post instead of moving it, and let them run in both sections.
Definitely!
Old 11-11-2017, 07:41 PM

As Ted says, there is NO best. Do you think there is a "best" car, "best" electric guitar, a "best" dog, a "best" lamp, a "best" knife, flashlight, shotgun, pistol.... on and on, no end.

That said, I'll go along with what Ted said about Rainsong. That brand was my top choice (CH-OM1100NS, specifically) among the many that I have played. But I like other guitars, as well, and there is no "best" that applies, in general, to everyone.

You simply need to explore as much, for as long as you can, playing as many as you can, and then make your own decision.

Last edited by DHart; 11-11-2017 at 09:02 PM.
Old 11-11-2017, 08:08 PM
Charter Member

He didn't ask what was the best guitar...he ask what YOUR best CF guitar was, I take that to mean what is the best CF guitar you own. I could be wrong?
Old 11-11-2017, 08:17 PM
Charter Member

Plus one on what D said. You just have to play them. I find it humorous/entertaining how so many people can have so many different opinions on what is "the best". You have to play them to find the best for you. But D's and Teds suggestion are a great place to start.
Old 11-11-2017, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinco View Post
He didn't ask what was the best guitar...he ask what YOUR best CF guitar was, I take that to mean what is the best CF guitar you own. I could be wrong?
Well, that is a good catch. In the body of the post he does ask what your favorite CF of the CFs you own, but the title of the thread he asks what is THE best.

Last edited by steelvibe; 11-12-2017 at 08:36 AM.
Old 11-11-2017, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelvibe View Post
Well, that is a good catch. In the body of the post he asks what your favorite of the CFs you own, but the title of the thread......
In that case, of the two CF guitars that I do own, I would have to say that the one I like the MOST is the Rainsong CH-OM1100NS. That doesn't mean that it's "the BEST", just that it's the one I would keep IF I could only have one of them.
Old 11-12-2017, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinco View Post
Actually the OP did ask what the best was, than edited his post a few hours later to your best, after I responded to the original the best questions. This is why I usually quote the entire question when responding. Forgot to do so this time.

As to what are my best CF guitars, here they are in alphabetical order:

Blackbird Rider Steel String
Blackbird Savoy
Composite Acoustics Cargo Gloss
Composite Acoustics Cargo Road Tough
Journey OF660
Journey RT660
Rainsong DR3100
Rainsong BI-DR1100N2
Rainsong LA1-LE
Rainsong P12A

I own others, but these are the ones that get the most use.
Old 11-12-2017, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Actually the OP did ask what the best was, than edited his post a few hours later to your best, after I responded to the original the best questions. This is why I usually quote the entire question when responding. Forgot to do so this time.

Blackbird Savoy
Journey OF660
Journey RT660
Rainsong DR3100
Rainsong BI-DR1100N2
Rainsong LA1-LE
Rainsong P12A

I thought the original question said best! Thanks thought I was loosing it. Lol. First question is probably more interesting in a way.
2001 Michael Keller Koa Baby
2014 Godin Inuk
2012 Deering B6 Openback Banjo
2012 Emerald Acoustic Doubleneck
2012 Rainsong JM1000 Black Ice
2009 Wechter Pathmaker 9600 LTD
1982 Yairi D-87 Doubleneck
1987 Ovation Collectors
1993 Ovation Collectors
1967 J-45 Gibson
1974 20th Annivers. Les Paul Custom
Old 11-12-2017, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHart View Post
As Ted says, there is NO best. Do you think there is a "best" car, "best" electric guitar, a "best" dog, a "best" lamp, a "best" knife, flashlight, shotgun, pistol.... on and on, no end.

That said, I'll go along with what Ted said about Rainsong. That brand was my top choice (CH-OM1100NS, specifically) among the many that I have played. But I like other guitars, as well, and there is no "best" that applies, in general, to everyone.

You simply need to explore as much, for as long as you can, playing as many as you can, and then make your own decision.
DH... I guess you have to know Evan .. like we know him over the years on these boards... he is egging you on.. ;-). Just like we have playful jabs at his primitive attachment to gut or its more modern cousin nylon strings... all in good fun... :-)
Old 11-12-2017, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fixedgear60 View Post
DH... I guess you have to know Evan .. like we know him over the years on these boards... he is egging you on.. ;-). Just like we have playful jabs at his primitive attachment to gut or its more modern cousin nylon strings... all in good fun... :-)
FG... my post wasn’t at all related to Evan’s post. It was a response to the thread in general. (I hadn’t even read Evan’s post when I wrote mine.)

But I have developed a sense about Evan from other posts where it often appears we are at odds.
Old 11-12-2017, 01:23 PM
Guest 928

DHart;

Don't feel bad, I don't even read my posts, but I do read yours, and I don't see a great deal of difference between our positions. It seems to me that most of the people on this forum are explorers and very few seem to stop at the first oasis.

But back to the point, the best cf guitar. As I said, the X10N-OS is the best. But that's the one I most recently played. Today I played my RS Parlor nylon and I am sure that it is the best. When Alistair finishes up my nylon strung electric guitar it might become the best. the Captain is currently devoted to his X20. there are many rooms in the CF castle.

We are blessed with a big body of best CF guitars. Kramster owns most of them, Ted has played them all, I've had somewhere around 10. THE BEST is up for grabs depending on the player.
Old 11-12-2017, 01:55 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

Blackbird Savoy

Journey OF660

Journey RT660

Rainsong DR3100

Rainsong BI-DR1100N2

Rainsong LA1-LE

Rainsong P12A

Between the RS P12, the Journey RT, and the Cargo which one gets the most play time?
Old 11-12-2017, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
DHart;

Don't feel bad, I don't even read my posts, but I do read yours, and I don't see a great deal of difference between our positions. It seems to me that most of the people on this forum are explorers and very few seem to stop at the first oasis.

But back to the point, the best cf guitar. As I said, the X10N-OS is the best. But that's the one I most recently played. Today I played my RS Parlor nylon and I am sure that it is the best. When Alistair finishes up my nylon strung electric guitar it might become the best. the Captain is currently devoted to his X20. there are many rooms in the CF castle.

We are blessed with a big body of best CF guitars. Kramster owns most of them, Ted has played them all, I've had somewhere around 10. THE BEST is up for grabs depending on the player.
I can see how you would like the X10. The X20 feels a bit big for my liking and the X7 is quite small for an all-purpose (or "best") guitar. I've been thinking that an X10 would likely be the sweet spot, among Emerald's offerings, for me.

There really are no "bests", or there are many "bests", depending on how one looks at it.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber