The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 11-26-2010, 09:34 AM

I read once that Hank Williams III ran his Martin a/e into a Boss DS-1 and then into a Marshall stack. Awesome.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:15 PM

Suggestions: The Tech 21 Character Series. They sound awesome, period and are designed to go straight to the PA.
Old 11-26-2010, 07:35 PM
Charter Member

Am I correct that you are just going to amplify both signals thru a PA?

I ask because that implies doing some sort of amp simulation, rather than just signal amplification.

You might try pumping the magnetic pup single thru a light lil amp like a Vox Pathfinder rather than thru the pa. So much "electric guitar sound" is, of course, amp or amp-speaker, not guitar.

...I've had better luck via that route vs thru a PA or my SoloAmp.

Curious to see what your results are.

td

Last edited by tdrake; 11-26-2010 at 07:41 PM.
Old 11-26-2010, 09:11 PM

hey Guys, Thanks for the tips. Aziltz.. which "character series" pedal are you referring to exactly? I've been listening to alot of soundclips.. and have decided to go with the blonde. Which one do you have? Tdrake.. I just don't want to haul another amp around, thats all.. wanna keep the rig simple. I think the Tech 21 Sansamp will solve that for me. Cheers
Old 11-29-2010, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravityOrange View Post
hey Guys, Thanks for the tips. Aziltz.. which "character series" pedal are you referring to exactly? I've been listening to alot of soundclips.. and have decided to go with the blonde. Which one do you have? Tdrake.. I just don't want to haul another amp around, thats all.. wanna keep the rig simple. I think the Tech 21 Sansamp will solve that for me. Cheers
the blonde, liverpool, british, etc are all part of the "character" series. I'm working on getting a liverpool and maybe a british.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification