The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-09-2018, 09:08 AM

Congratulations. Looks great. Use it well.

If I might make and observation and suggestion. It's maple. And by my own experience and confirmed by others, maple tends to "open up" more than any other tonewood. I was just having this conversation with Karl at CME the other day. He was telling me that the Gibson Jumbos he has (with maple) take a LONG time to open up and don't sound so good when new. My experience is with a 2011 Taylor 614. I would tell you to beg, borrow, steal or buy a Tonerite device and run it on that guitar for a couple hundred hours (doesn't need to be all at once). If you're happy with the tone now, after it opens up you'll be ecstatic.
Assuming is not knowing. Knowing is NOT the same as understanding. There is a difference between compassion and wisdom, however compassion cannot supplant wisdom, and wisdom can not occur without understanding. facts don't care about your feelings and FEELINGS ALONE MAKE FOR TERRIBLE, often irreversible DECISIONS
Old 03-09-2018, 09:16 AM
Charter Member

Something about a jumbo built with Maple. Perfect match...enjoy!

Dogs Welcome......People Tolerated!
Old 03-09-2018, 10:18 AM

These are the posts I most thoroughly enjoy and gravitate to. To speak of relatively easily attainable instruments that cause such great joy and enthusiasm from us guitar players is an absolute treat! It's not that I don't appreciate high end, beautifully bejeweled guitars with rare woods and meticulous builds, I just completely admire working guitars that take a lickin' and keep on tickin' as the old Timex ad campaign said.
Good luck and congratulations Ed-In-Ohio!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion