The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 04-02-2010, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdelsolray View Post
You may need additional equipment to record two mics and two guitars, at the same time, with the Saffire Pro 24.
I don't believe so, though I'm far from being an old hand at this. (I'm just old. )

I've got two mic inputs on the front, and two 1/4" inputs in the back. (And also on the back, if I ever need 'em, a Midi I/O, Optical In, and SPDIF I/O.)

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something?

When my son is home tonight, I'll plug his guitar in as well and test it out. He doesn't have an extra mic, so I'll bum one from my Dad tomorrow. By Sunday I should have a definitive answer!

-Jeff
Old 04-02-2010, 11:37 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_strumalot View Post
I don't believe so, though I'm far from being an old hand at this. (I'm just old. )

I've got two mic inputs on the front, and two 1/4" inputs in the back. (And also on the back, if I ever need 'em, a Midi I/O, Optical In, and SPDIF I/O.)

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something?

When my son is home tonight, I'll plug his guitar in as well and test it out. He doesn't have an extra mic, so I'll bum one from my Dad tomorrow. By Sunday I should have a definitive answer!

-Jeff
The two (non-digital) inputs on the back are line level inputs. They will work just fine if you feed them line level signals. They won't work very well otherwise (e.g., microphones, passive pickups). For example, if you wanted to use 4 microphones at the same time you would need an additional piece of equipment - a two channel microphone preamp, the dual mono outputs of which wound feed the line level inputs of the recording interface. Similarly, if you wanted to use the digital inputs, you will need an additional piece of equipment.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdelsolray View Post
The two (non-digital) inputs on the back are line level inputs. They will work just fine if you feed them line level signals. They won't work very well otherwise (e.g., microphones, passive pickups). For example, if you wanted to use 4 microphones at the same time you would need an additional piece of equipment - a two channel microphone preamp, the dual mono outputs of which wound feed the line level inputs of the recording interface. Similarly, if you wanted to use the digital inputs, you will need an additional piece of equipment.
Yep, that makes sense! I appreciate the feedback!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD