The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-20-2018, 02:59 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athens View Post
I think they'll confuse people just as Breedlove has done.

I hope I'm wrong b
I consider my self well versed in the nomenclature of the Furch Line up. I just surfed the new web site listings and it seems straightforward. However, I am Not sure why but I do find the color coding to be anti-promotional.

Perhaps it is because I am well versed in the previous line and I am stubborn and resist change ��.

I did manage to order a D25sr before the old inventory is gone. Should have it next week.
Might be selling my D33LR-c
Rainsong H-WS1000N2T
Stonebridge OM33-SR DB
Stonebridge D22-SRA
Tacoma Papoose
Voyage Air VAD-2
1980 Fender Strat
A few Partscaster Strats
MIC 60s Classic Vib Strat
Old 01-20-2018, 02:59 PM

Seems like you have to start from the rainbow serie for any custom order which means at least 2500 E if I dig it right, no more way to tweak any model with custom options, that really sucks
Jackson US Soloist

Youtube - Reverbnation - Twitter - Facebook

Old 01-20-2018, 03:14 PM

I’ll have to check it out in the morning. My OM34sr is the best acoustic I’ve ever owned, sounds loud with great balance and is so easy to play. I have the narrow nut width, neck somewhat reminiscent of the Martin D28s I’ve played but definitely with its own character. Mine has K&K Pure Mini installed and is a great guitar to play live - though I do baby it a little!
Gibson ES-335 Studio 2016; Furch OM34sr 2015; Fender MiJ Geddy Lee Jazz bass, 2009; Taylor 414CE 2005; Guild D35 NT 1976; Fender MIM Classic 60s Tele 2008; Fender US Standard Strat 1992; G&L ASAT classic hollowbody 2005; Ibanez RG350MDX 2010(?); Ibanez Musician fretless, 1980s; Seymour Duncan Tube 84-40; Vox AC4TV;

Ex-pat Brit in Sweden
Old 01-21-2018, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johan Madsen View Post
Seems like you have to start from the rainbow serie for any custom order which means at least 2500 E if I dig it right, no more way to tweak any model with custom options, that really sucks
Johan how did you find out this information regarding custom orders? Also do you know if are they still offering custom orders on the vintage series at all?

1934 Gibson Kalamazoo KG11

www.reverbnation.com/jamesascott
Old 01-21-2018, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh1985 View Post
Johan how did you find out this information regarding custom orders? Also do you know if are they still offering custom orders on the vintage series at all?
Well, the new website simply states "rainbow series, price from 2595 €, for more info ask your Furch dealer" The salesman at Huml told me custom orders allready follow the new scheme. That was a week ago.

Although the various series don't mention a modification possibility per se, furch.cz web says

Quote:
"You can create a custom design by combining all the various options that are available on our other models, hence the name RAINBOW. "
I have not seen the new custom options list (I should've asked for it in the store ). But in the old one, you could pick anything they did on any of their models. Any kind of wood and its grade, body shape and width, head and neck (millenium or vintage type), fretboard lenght, finish, sunburst, decorative features, custom inlay texts etc. Some of these were "downgrade" options on the more expensive models, which lowered the price. If that did not change, and I guess it did not according to the qutoe above, you can still order your customized "vintage series."

If somebody has the new options list, I would love to see it.

Last edited by Standicz; 01-21-2018 at 01:35 PM.
Old 01-23-2018, 12:03 PM

Thanks johan, I asked stageshop what the new custom options were on the vintage series and this was their reply. Not good news.

"thanks your interest.

Unfortunately only few customization is available for Vintage models.

Nut width 43, 45 or 48mm Free of charge

Slotted headstock for only Vintage 2 and Vintage 3*190 EUR

Sunburst top75 EUR

Sunburnt of whole body180 EUR

Unfortunately custom tone woods are not available for Vintage models."

Old 01-23-2018, 12:11 PM

I know people are like "WHY DID THEY DO THIS to _______".

It's the same reason car manufacturers largely stopped offering manual. We talk about loving them and this, but it means people have not been buying them.
Old 01-23-2018, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowfox View Post
I know people are like "WHY DID THEY DO THIS to _______".

It's the same reason car manufacturers largely stopped offering manual. We talk about loving them and this, but it means people have not been buying them.
True, must have made sense financially for them to do it and obviously the vintage series just wasnt as profitable as the millenium.

Haha, in the UK manual cars are still very much in the majority!

Old 01-30-2018, 08:51 AM

Numerical models are universal, I think. Bad news for the Vintage series, indeed.
Old 01-31-2018, 12:59 AM

Default Furch's (Stonebridge) new lineup

I had another look at the website. It seems the vintage range has been slimmed down to three rosewood models where previously there were other options including mahogany. It looks like my model (OM34sr, spruce rosewood) falls between the model 2 and 3. I guess they know what they are doing and are providing what people want (or what their figures show tend to sell) but it is still a disappointment to see certain features only available on the highest model. In my case the abalone rosette disappears on the model 2 which retains the ivoroid binding of my 34. The 3 has Koa binding and the abalone. Small differences but my guitar is just about exactly what I was after when I bought it!
Gibson ES-335 Studio 2016; Furch OM34sr 2015; Fender MiJ Geddy Lee Jazz bass, 2009; Taylor 414CE 2005; Guild D35 NT 1976; Fender MIM Classic 60s Tele 2008; Fender US Standard Strat 1992; G&L ASAT classic hollowbody 2005; Ibanez RG350MDX 2010(?); Ibanez Musician fretless, 1980s; Seymour Duncan Tube 84-40; Vox AC4TV;

Ex-pat Brit in Sweden

Last edited by pieterh; 01-31-2018 at 03:14 AM.
Old 01-31-2018, 04:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieterh View Post
I had another look at the website. It seems the vintage range has been slimmed down to three rosewood models where previously there were other options including mahogany. It looks like my model (OM34sr, spruce rosewood) falls between the model 2 and 3. I guess they know what they are doing and are providing what people want (or what their figures show tend to sell) but it is still a disappointment to see certain features only available on the highest model. In my case the abalone rosette disappears on the model 2 which retains the ivoroid binding of my 34. The 3 has Koa binding and the abalone. Small differences but my guitar is just about exactly what I was after when I bought it!
Yes that’s a bit disappointing, I really loved their old vintage line , and definitely don’t dig why they stopped the Sitka / hog combo which was so great. It isn’t any single model left with maple either and yes you get way less features at the same price point. Their vintage line was just the best thing that never occurred in the acoustic world I don’t dig why they focus that much more on the ex millennium kind of models . A bit too much rosewood and walnut focused too, mahogany and maple RIP ...
Jackson US Soloist

Old 01-31-2018, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh1985 View Post
Thanks johan, I asked stageshop what the new custom options were on the vintage series and this was their reply. Not good news.

"thanks your interest.

Unfortunately only few customization is available for Vintage models.

Nut width 43, 45 or 48mm Free of charge

Slotted headstock for only Vintage 2 and Vintage 3*190 EUR

Sunburst top75 EUR

Sunburnt of whole body180 EUR

Unfortunately custom tone woods are not available for Vintage models."
Nothing to thank about , as Standicz is the one that answered your question Thanks for sharing the stageshop info, that’s too bad though ...
Jackson US Soloist

Old 01-31-2018, 09:43 AM

Johan,

I've found a Furch G body with b/s made of maple at a very competitive price.
I'll drop you a PM as I don't know if it's allowed to share commercial URLs.

Best,
P
Old 01-31-2018, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pender View Post
Johan,

Best,

P

My wife has a lovely OM23SF (maple) and was the the guitar that started us off on our Furch love (and my love for the OM shape generally!). Great tone wood; not to everyone’s liking but like Taylor, Furch seem to have embraced its possibilities. I am sure the one you found would be great!

Ex-pat Brit in Sweden
Old 01-31-2018, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pender View Post
Johan,

Best,
P
Thank you Pender that's kind of you , though just like Pieterh I am pretty much leaning toward OM shape rather, feel free to PM the link though, I'll be happy to take a look at it! By the way congratulations for your new Martin 00018, I'll be happy to hear more about your impressions!
Jackson US Soloist

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
furch, stonebridge