The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 01-21-2018, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looburst View Post
First thing I do is to dream up a piece of music I can get into.
Then the melody begins to fall out. This video shows the process that occurs from the first step, to developing a melody. Rough in places and some stops along the way because I can't remember where I am, LOL, while getting caught up in the melody at times, but you get the idea. Sometimes the changes are different again due to a melody change or thinking too much about the turn from verse to chorus. Oh and then there's a bridge possibly to come later. It may not wind up sounding exactly like this in the end but it will be close enough to tell it's the same tune, Hopefully! Figuring out where the 1 chord is first then where the 4 and 5 chords happen, then the 6th and even the 7th chord.
I hope to show the full progression of this as it happens, all the way to the end result.

Very nice!
1976 Gretsch Chet Atkins Country Gentleman #7670
Old 01-21-2018, 09:07 PM

Cats huh? I hate cats! Well I don't hate them, I just feel they have this air of entitlement to them. Dogs are lovers.
Thank you Randy!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell