The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 11-16-2016, 05:42 PM

Default AER 60/3 or AER 60/3 Tommy Emmanuel?

After a bit of time, research and test driving a number of different acoustic amplifiers have decided to buy an AER 60/3. Well, last I played one was before the Tommy Emmanuel model came out. Now that I have saved up enough to buy one I see that both models are now available. The difference listed between them, that I can tell, is that the Tommy Emmanuel model has an effect from the AER coulorizer DI, that Tommy uses, is now added into the onboard effects. Also the effects processor is included in the DI out signal on this model. Where as the standard 60/3 Also has an effects processor and a DI out. But the effects are not included through too the DI.
Wouldn't you want a flat signal comming out of the DI on the Amp?
Seems like it could cause problems piping an enhanced signal into a PA. If going to do that. Guess could always mic the AMP.
Just looking on thoughts and pros and cons from you guys between the two?
Here's a couple links for some descriptions

http://www.guitarcenter.com/AER/Comp...r-Combo-Amp.gc

http://www.guitarcenter.com/AER/Tomm...r-Combo-Amp.gc

Cheers!
Old 11-20-2016, 07:56 AM

I have a Compact 60-2 and a seperate colourizer. I both love them but would prefer them to stay separate. Some guitars like Taylors benefit much from the warmth of the colourizer, but for instance my Lowden sounds better with my other preamp (K&K)

My lyrics and music on Youtube
Old 11-20-2016, 03:16 PM
Charter Member

The Tommy Emmanuel model does not have an effect from the colorizer, it's from the Alesis Midiverb II. This from Guitar World:

AER has incorporated a reverb/delay effect setting from the Alesis Midiverb II, long used by Tommy, into the Compact TE's onboard effects section (in position 3)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification