The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 02-03-2014, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouieAtienza View Post
Try Musikraft or USA Custom guitars... both cheaper than Warmoth. I do like their bodies, but I swear I never played a neck of theirs that I liked; they all felt "dead' can't explain, it's like squeezing the death out of the neck to get a note out....
So your saying you like the body and not the neck? sounds like Amelia Earhart, now look where she ended up with! lol
Old 02-03-2014, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthemBassMan View Post
-If you get the Carvin Bolt kit, you'd be hard pressed to find a better setup. Depending on what you're looking for, you could also check out this one. Not as complete as the Carvin kit, but the bodies and necks are top notch.

http://buy.precisionguitarkits.com/

L8R,
Matt
The thing with the Bolt kit is that you end up with a Bolt. Which is a fine guitar they sell as one of their standard models! If you can afford it, it's a great way to go as your first build.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:06 PM

UPDATE! Got the final stuff to finish my project. I just got string off of amazon. I will be getting them By October 4th. once i get them on with the tuners i will post pictures. BTW it`s an acoustic classical parlor size. thanks for the help from everyone who gave some suggestions and diy videos.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sombras View Post
Good lord, that Warmoth site is a recipe for financial disaster. I just fantasy-built the most beautiful LP-style guitar. Uh, gonna be dreaming about that one!
That was pretty much my pastime for a few months straight when I first discovered their website 10+ years ago.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:10 PM

http://www.grizzly.com/search/search?q=guitar%20kit

Looking forward to your pictures, Oliver. Ric

Last edited by ricdoug; 10-01-2014 at 10:28 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars