The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2017, 06:23 AM

Default SOLD *LOWER PRICE* 2011 Taylor GA-K (K24) All KOA Abalone Dream Guitar MINTY $2,650

**PRICE LOWERED**2011 Taylor GA-K.jpgIMG_2138.jpgIMG_0622.jpg
See Photo's below!
Shipped and PP to US Continental @ $2,650 No trades please, funding another guitar.

Link to all pics on Google Photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/2Yt4Z0KlpFAYXssT2
Folks - this is the nicest guitar I have ever owned and one of the top sounding guitars I have ever played. Some guitars have plenty of bling and no tone. This is definitely not the case here. It sounds as good as it looks! I bought it NEW from 5th String Music in Greenville SC when they closed out their Taylor line. I have babied it since I have owned it. It sounds absolutely beautiful - somewhere between Mahogany and Rosewood with a real "sweetness" to the tone. Really a perfect blend of woodiness, sparkle, directness, and lush overtones. One of the things I like about this guitar and a big reason I bought it is the bass response. Wow! Very deep and piano like (which you don't often find on Taylor guitars). It is of course all KOA, with ebony fretboard, bridge, and beautiful polished ebony head plate. Standard scale and 1 3/4 nut.

The guitar is just shy of MINT. I consider MINT to be what comes from the factory. It has never left my smoke free, pet free home and always been properly humidified between 45-55% humidity. I have two humidifiers in my home office which is what you see in the pics. I have a dampit in the soundhole when in its case. There are a few very light scrapes on the top edge of the headstock. This was done at the music store not by me. (see pics..it's nothing). There is also a very, very light and shallow indention on the top. About 1 inch long, pin head width and minuscule depth mark on top. It does not break the finish or wood. It came that way when I bought it and you will likely not find it unless I point it out to you. It does not photograph. There is virtually zero fret wear (see pics). I would call it 1%. No dings, cracks, etc. anywhere else. It is perfect. Many folks would call this a MINT guitar, but I'm picky (to your benefit).

I have it setup with med-low action and brand new Elixir Phosphor Bronze lights. Plays like butter, it's effortless. The guitar has tremendous sustain and the intonation is spot on. I upgraded the saddle to the Taylor bone saddle and Taylor ebony pins with Abalone. Everything else is stock. I understand this guitar would be somewhere in the $4500 -$5500 range today as a Build To Order from the Taylor factory. This is a rare guitar in Taylor's line and would be akin to the K24, but even the K24 does not have all the abalone purfling. No electronics - you can easily add your own. Just pure, sweet acoustic tone. It comes with the original Taylor Deluxe Brown guitar case which is MINT because it sat in my closet.

This beauty was made on February 1, 2011 at the Taylor factory in El Cajon, California USA.

I'm hoping to find a special home for this guitar. You will absolutely not be disappointed and will find the guitar to be exactly as described. Your first strum will put a smile on your face. I also have this listed elsewhere and it may not last long since these do not come up often.

I have sold a few guitars here on AGF, Reverb, and Ebay (gsmith730) with great feedback. Be assured I know how to pack the guitar inside & out and ship. Happy to answer any/all questions
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0624.jpg (55.6 KB, 249 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2140.jpg (44.9 KB, 247 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0618.jpg (37.7 KB, 248 views)
File Type: jpg guitar with case.jpg (57.6 KB, 240 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0623.jpg (38.7 KB, 241 views)

Last edited by jazzguy; 12-19-2017 at 10:00 AM.
Old 12-10-2017, 04:24 AM

Entertaining offers bump
Old 12-12-2017, 05:08 AM

I would rather sell it to the folks on AGF bump! This is a fantastic guitar.
Old 12-15-2017, 07:11 PM

NEW LOWER PRICE!!! This is a fantastic deal. Needs a good home for the Holiday's!!
Old 12-19-2017, 10:00 AM

Guitar has been SOLD.
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars