The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 12-14-2017, 11:53 AM

Default K&K Pure Endpin Preamp- Is that a pickup volume control or a pre-amp gain control?

I'm installing a K&K Pure Endpin Pre-amp into a guitar with the JJB Prestige 330 pickup, which have volume control pots. I really don't need two volume pots, but I'm wondering if the volume control on the preamp is a gain contol rather than a standard passive volume control (which simply filters some of the signal to ground). I know that the volume pot on the JJB Prestige 330 is a passive volume control, so if the preamp has a gain control rather than a passive volume control, I could see some value in keeping both pots, as having the extra controlability might be useful in dialing in my sound.
Old 12-14-2017, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago View Post
I'm installing a K&K Pure Endpin Pre-amp into a guitar with the JJB Prestige 330 pickup, which have volume control pots. I really don't need two volume pots, but I'm wondering if the volume control on the preamp is a gain contol rather than a standard passive volume control (which simply filters some of the signal to ground). I know that the volume pot on the JJB Prestige 330 is a passive volume control, so if the preamp has a gain control rather than a passive volume control, I could see some value in keeping both pots, as having the extra controlability might be useful in dialing in my sound.
As far as I know, it's a volume and phase control of the preamp. You'll want to bypass the passive control on the JBB. Dialing down the passive signal and increasing the active preamp will just introduce noise.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification