The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops

Old 02-02-2015, 08:58 PM

Default 46/47 silvertone archtop

New to agf. Seems to be a great site. I recently picked up what I thought was a mid 50's wall hanger. Turns out it is a 46 or 47 carved top by kay.great shape but missing the tail piece. I am on a hunt to find the one thats original instead of a reproduction. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 02-03-2015, 05:30 AM

If you just find the part on ebay you'll get gouged. Find a broken guitar sold for parts then you'll get the tailpiece bridge tuners ect. The tailpiece looks like it was the same from the late 40s at least to the late 50s.

I also bought a 50s silvertone archtop that now I believe is earlier. Does yours have the wind chime headstock logo? Or the deco? Maybe some other?
Old 02-03-2015, 06:09 PM

Default head piece

Has the wind chime. And I found a tail piece at third eye guitars in springfield mo. He specializes in vintage and went to the shelf and pulled one out. 30 whole dollars.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops