The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

View Poll Results: How much have you spent on Guitar acessories this last year?
None not even strings. 0 0%
10- 100 USD 6 24.00%
100- 300 USD 10 40.00%
300-400 USD 3 12.00%
over 400 USD ( yes that's you with the flight case) 6 24.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-27-2011, 01:03 AM

Default How much have you spent on Guitar acessories this last year?

How much have you spent on Guitar acessories this last year? that is the question. This is a strings included books CD's anything guitar related except repairs and complete instruments.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:51 AM
Perennially Maladroit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ediverudt View Post
How much have you spent on Guitar acessories this last year? that is the question. This is a strings included books CD's anything guitar related except repairs and complete instruments.
And this has something to do with the 'Custom Shop' in what way?

Perhaps this belongs under the 'general acoustic guitar' section....
Old 03-27-2011, 02:45 PM
Charter Member

can we include guitar making supplies as accessories? we probably went over $400 anyway, and we don't own flight cases, but if we include guitar making supplies - including the mini-mill we got a couple months ago - we're way over.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:22 AM

Default Why so curious ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin A View Post
And this has something to do with the 'Custom Shop' in what way?

Perhaps this belongs under the 'general acoustic guitar' section....
That's a good point you made and I considered posting this as stated in a different part of the forum.

However as a student of marketing and research I was actually interested in finding out what the average was for people who spend allot on guitars ( custom shop ) VS people who spend relatively little on guitars. Essentially the question is if you spend on average 3 times more than someone who buys a factory made guitar do you spend more on accessories as well or is it really the same? Am I the only crazy one out there that spends 250- 400 USD dollars a year on strings alone? is that really on par if you own more than 8 guitars? So many questions that can be answered in a series of seemingly random polls spread out on various forums at different times.

I apologize if my inquisitive nature and undaunted curiosity has inconvenienced or offended anyone. I guess I was that kid in class that just wanted to ask questions when everyone wanted early recess.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:54 AM

...don't look at me, I bought the flight cases two years ago...

http://www.sandyandina.com

-------------------------
Gramann Rapahannock, 7 Taylors, 4 Martins, 2 Gibsons, 2 V-A, Larrivee Parlour, Gretsch Way Out West, Fender P-J Bass & Mustang, Danelectro U2, Peavey fretless bass, 8 dulcimers, 2 autoharps, 2 banjos, 2 mandolins, 3 ukes

I cried because I had no shoes.....but then I realized I won’t get blisters.
Old 03-28-2011, 07:02 AM

I'm probably right around $300, in part because about a year ago I started getting serious about playing and improving again and bought my first really nice guitars, so I've been a bit more spendy than usual -- I've bought a Peterson StroboClip, a Zoom H1, a couple of Oasis humidifiers, some other tools and software, a good sized stack of books, and a bunch of strings and picks.

Added: To clarify for the OP's interest -- my nice guitars are all factory/small shop jobs (Gibson, Collings, Santa Cruz), not individual/custom ones, but I've spent a lot this year, and certainly the accessory spending tracks with that in my case.

Last edited by JJO; 03-28-2011 at 07:04 AM. Reason: Clarification

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop