The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-09-2002, 02:28 PM

Question I have this guitar... and I don't know what it is - HELP

Well, its not with me, but I'll be going back to it in July probably and bringing it home. It's really old, and I don't know how old or what kind it is, or anything like that.

Let me describe it:
At first glance you might think it is an electric, because the body is not much thicker than an electric guitar, and it does not have a hole in the center of the soundboard. It has some small design (not in the center) which is the hole, I guess. That's about all I can remember about it, except that it sounded aweful, and the strings are easily 30 years old, and the guitar has been sitting in a basement for years and years.

I'd really like to look it up online, and if anyone has *any idea* what it could be, the type, or a site, or anything that could help me, that would be great.

So, what kind of weird, old, acoustic is it?

Someone loved me so much that they died for me. They love you too. Want to know who? E-mail or PM me.

Check out http://www.christianguitar.ws/boards for great boards to talk about Christian issues, debate, learn and ask questions about guitar, and hang out. There are tons of people, and you will get quick responses.
Old 03-09-2002, 06:42 PM

Phil--welcome to the forum bro--can you possibly post a digital pic?

Thanks!

"Constantly wrong but never in doubt"

2007 Gibson ES 335
2004 Taylor 814ce (engelmann top)
2001 Taylor 712ce (Sold
1962 Gibson ES 330
1961 Gibson Hummingbird (Sold)
1936 Kalamazoo K36 Archtop
Old 03-09-2002, 09:08 PM

Sounds like a simi-hollow body but it should have electronics or has had electronics at some time. Post a picture or send me a picture and I might be able to give it a shot. I deal with a lot of old weird stuff. JW
Old 03-29-2002, 02:10 PM

I will definately post a picture, I just don't have one yet. (I won't see the guitar again until June or July). They hopefully I will be able to bring it home.

It definately does not have electronics/pickups on it, nor did it ever (nor is it supposed to I'm pretty sure). I doubt it was very expensive at all, but I know it is very old.

Any clues before I get a picture of it?

Someone loved me so much that they died for me. They love you too. Want to know who? E-mail or PM me.

Check out http://www.christianguitar.ws/boards for great boards to talk about Christian issues, debate, learn and ask questions about guitar, and hang out. There are tons of people, and you will get quick responses.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification