The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 01-15-2018, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattbn73 View Post
Are you talking about this one? https://stylesforthestudio.com
Looks like it has digital version as well?
If you want it I'd hurry. According to when I ordered 1 copy is left!
Old 01-17-2018, 08:30 PM

Default Styles for Studio Book Availability

Hi. Just a note to let you know that since Dave Krell posted that there was only 1 copy left, I added my personal copies in there so there are a total of 8 of the 40th anniversary versions available. Thus, not so urgent.

Leon White
Old 01-18-2018, 09:08 AM

Wow! A reply from the author of the book I mentioned. Leon you have a PM from me.
Old 01-19-2018, 03:52 PM

Quote:
I was told on another forum you can use the code 4styles20 for a discount when ordering this book with video and backing tracks.
Thanks HEAPS for the coupon code. I looked at buying this several weeks ago but was put off by the total cost as shipping to Australia wasn't cheap. This coupon took away enough of that "sting" to nudge me to buying it.
Old 01-20-2018, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyo View Post
Thanks HEAPS for the coupon code. I looked at buying this several weeks ago but was put off by the total cost as shipping to Australia wasn't cheap. This coupon took away enough of that "sting" to nudge me to buying it.
You won't regret it. The book is awesome for learning the thought process for improvising. The new version has downloadable videos and backing tracks. After 50 years and countless books, dvd's, etc., I finally found a book that has everything I've been seeking all along. I rate it right up there with Toby Walker's Take a Solo cd. I'm well on my way to taking some of the lead solo burdens off the 83 year old Tele player at our regular Friday night jam. By the way, I played for the first time on planet earth last night an original I co wrote with another participant. We got the biggest applause of the night. The co writer and I just agreed in texts a few minutes ago to give it another shot at writing together again for another one next week. I'm determined this time to have my own solo ready as well.
Old 01-20-2018, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKell View Post
You won't regret it. The book is awesome for learning the thought process for improvising. The new version has downloadable videos and backing tracks. After 50 years and countless books, dvd's, etc., I finally found a book that has everything I've been seeking all along. I rate it right up there with Toby Walker's Take a Solo cd. I'm well on my way to taking some of the lead solo burdens off the 83 year old Tele player at our regular Friday night jam. By the way, I played for the first time on planet earth last night an original I co wrote with another participant. We got the biggest applause of the night. The co writer and I just agreed in texts a few minutes ago to give it another shot at writing together again for another one next week. I'm determined this time to have my own solo ready as well.
Thanks. I've been considering the Toby Walker stuff but am quite put off by the fact that I can only view the content offline using his special app. Which requires me to login etc. Justin Sandercoe lets me download the video of his DVD courses as a single mp4 file. It's so easy to use and I don't have to rely on an app. I bought the art of noodling which is great content but forces again a special app. I really don't want to have more special apps.
Old 01-21-2018, 03:32 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveKell View Post
Based on this and other glowing reviews, I just ordered it
I started my journey of playing lead about 1 year ago. When I finally took some lessons from a good teacher for about 6 months and have definitely progressed a bunch. I am hoping this will help continue that path of progress

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write