The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-13-2017, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubeG View Post
was thinking about selling an old guitar on Reverb, guess have to reconsider.
Why? I sell and purchase on Reverb and have never had a poor transaction with anyone. Communication is key. Email and even phone communication with buyer and seller can assuage most concerns. Seller needs to be completely honest and up front with product and buyer needs to ask any and all questions that might concern them with the purchase. Unfortunately, many sellers don't want to answer 20 questions and buyers don't know what to ask.....communicate.
Old 11-13-2017, 05:39 PM

I certainly think good photos, explanation in full and answering questions well makes for the best transactions possible but it doesn't mean that some buyers don't suffer buyer's remorse and want to return things. At that point the desire to get their money back drives them. The desire of Ebay and Reverb is to keep potential buyers coming back to their sites to buy more/again--thus, the pressure they apply to the seller to refund even when clearly stating "sold as is/no return." The rub is that the seller pays the fees to Ebay/Reverb--not the buyer. Strangely, the seller is the primary customer of Ebay, Reverb and the like. That largely goes unrecognized in the overall bottom line of listing sites at this point. IMHO, of course.

I agree with an earlier responder that I plan to keep the guitars I purchase for the most part, maybe more so these days.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:43 PM

i still prefer eBay and reverb over a forum classified. Most people here want you to use family for PayPal. you get 0 protection. eBay and reverb you get protection. Easiest way for any of them is meeting in person. Thats why i only do craigslist now. costs me 0 and never had a problem.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
reverb, selling guitars online