The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 09-05-2014, 12:42 PM

Default Need your opinion

Hey folks!

I'm excited to own a beautiful new Cordoba GK Pro Negra, but it arrived without the clear golpeador. I love it the way it is and my style of playing won't involve a lot of tapping on the top plate but if I ever decide to sell this guitar, not having the golpeador might detract from the value in some people's view. What do you think? Send it back? It's great in every other way.

Any chance Cordoba is starting to make some of them without the golpeador?

Thanks,
Bruce

Taylor 812ce Sunburst
Cordoba GK Pro Negra
Godin Multiac Nylon SA
Hand built electric guitar
www.youtube.com/user/bruwallbillich
Old 09-05-2014, 12:50 PM

I'd keep it, I don't see what's the problem with it not having a golpe, and if you'll want to sell it, whoever wants a golpe can always stick it themselves, don't they?
Old 09-05-2014, 02:01 PM

Get one... cheap, modest skill necessary to install.
Old 09-05-2014, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by September View Post
Hey folks!

I'm excited to own a beautiful new Cordoba GK Pro Negra, but it arrived without the clear golpeador. I love it the way it is and my style of playing won't involve a lot of tapping on the top plate but if I ever decide to sell this guitar, not having the golpeador might detract from the value in some people's view. What do you think? Send it back? It's great in every other way.

Any chance Cordoba is starting to make some of them without the golpeador?

Thanks,
Bruce
Well I like and, with my out of control RH technique, need a golpeador. I have not seen a GK without one. What I have seen is just about all of them are not glued on that great, with bubbles under the guard, slightly lifting edges and about the most uneven texture of any golpeador on any guitar I see. FYI, I own two of em (blanca and negra) and owned a third which I sold and I gig them all the time so I am not a hater.

On a GK, I'd have to get one on there and I would be tempted to swap on principal. But if I liked that particular GK and/or it was a hassle to do a return/swap, I'd likely glue one on myself.

However simple it might be, I could screw it up though so I would have to buy two. Maybe. Plus, I think I could come up with something a little nicer stuck on a little better than the stock version.

hunter
Old 09-05-2014, 06:24 PM

http://www.stewmac.com/Hardware_and_..._Set_of_4.html
Old 09-06-2014, 07:31 AM

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the advice! Since the truss rod feels too stiff another one is on the way...

Taylor 812ce Sunburst
Cordoba GK Pro Negra
Godin Multiac Nylon SA
Hand built electric guitar
www.youtube.com/user/bruwallbillich
Old 10-07-2014, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DariaS View Post
I'd keep it, I don't see what's the problem with it not having a golpe, and if you'll want to sell it, whoever wants a golpe can always stick it themselves, don't they?
If you play flamenco, Golpe is essential for that style. I'd get the golpeador all of the time. Here in Spain every flamenco guitar worth playing has one. Solid Spruce tops wont last without one when played by maestros.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Tags
cordoba, gk pro