The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-01-2014, 10:49 PM

''The only difference I could detect, at least in these two guitars, was volume. Tone was identical to my ears.''

I believe the differences will include: Heavy polyurethene finish vs thinner lacquer finish, a step down in wood grade, cheaper tuners and less quality in the final inspection and set up process. The guitars from Eastman are of very good quality and very good in consistancy. I believe the AXL factory in Beijing produces the Guilds as well as the Recording Kings and Loar brands, all very good instruments at fine prices. I know I have wanted to play the F 130 as well as one of the all hog D 125 dreads, but I haven't run across either in a showroom yet.

Last edited by IM4Nats; 09-03-2014 at 10:49 AM.
Old 09-02-2014, 04:54 AM

I just picked up an F130 in natural from Elderly. Fit and finish are excellent, tone and volume are good (I don't play well enough to make any guitar sound great). The neck/fingerboard are exactly what I was looking for and the body depth is very comfortable. Since I only concentrate on finger style playing now, I removed the pick guard - a rather ugly piece of vinyl if you ask me. May consider bone bridge pins and Grover tuners at a later date, or maybe not - no tone issues, no tuning issues.

This one looks like a keeper.
Old 09-23-2015, 11:08 AM

Default Some good bridge pins for you

Played a Guild F 130 a few months ago and it was excellent for the money and as good or better than the Eastman OM 's I've played...including the 10 series.
For a mahogany guitar with plastic pins I can recommend these pins as a sound upgrade at a fine price.Will look good on the F 130 too.

http://www.stewmac.com/Hardware_and_...ell_Inlay.html
Old 09-28-2015, 11:02 PM

Default F-130ce

Just picked up a like-new F-130CE off of Craigslist- I agree, this guitar is fantastic. China or no China, as a previous poster stated. Really light, beautiful sound, and the neck is thin and perfect for my hand. Probably the best feeling neck I've played. I've got a couple of more expensive guitars that I am more comfortable selling now that I have this.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion